The Field Service will end someday, maybe?

by Quarterback 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Last month I heard a talk from a C.O. He mentioned that the door to door service will come to an end. He said that Jehovah will tell us to stop it, eventually. The preaching as we know it may change from it's current format.

Any body else hear that?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

they will all breath a breath of relief

• moshe
    moshe

Just wishful thinking for JWs- the work will go on, and JWs will keep it up, through rain and snow and ice and using wheelchairs and walkers until they die, as that is the singular public trademark that sets JWs apart from other religions. How many tracts have you seen that tell the householder- ONLY JWS ARE GOING DOOR TO DOOR WITH THE GOOD NEWS!, and next comes the strawman argument- don't you see? - This proves that only JWs have the truth!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

It is just too important as a control feature to them (completely besides the issue of selling literature).

Possibly, though, if they begin to realize it is really driving many of their members away.

• sir82
    sir82

Well, yeah, if you expect Jehovah to slaughter 7 billion people some time "soon", there won't be anyone left to talk to.

Talk about your "not at homes"!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Not a chance..

Numbers have to Be Reported..JW`s need to be Kept Busy..

The WBT$ has a Business to Run!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe

JWs do need to work harder at making placements today- OutLaw's neighbors haven't seen any JWs for a long time

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He mentioned that the door to door service will come to an end. He said that Jehovah will tell us to stop it, eventually.

Hopefully Jehovah will communicate this to us somehow better than he communicated when The End would come [1914, 1925, 1975, 20th Century, Etc].

Really cannot handle more mistaken communications between God and Mankind.

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Moshe!!..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think I've heard it years ago, basically, that there would come a time when "the preaching work" (TM) would likely cease to exist due to persecution by the governments. When governments "turn on religion" (TM) they will single out JW's with vengence because they are so hated by Satan, who is in charge of said governments.

(I just threw up a little in my mouth.)

I think JW's are looking forward to the news that Matt 24:14 is FINALLY fulfilled. (It's been fulfilled a few times already sooooo they say... ) They are ready as hell to get off of that train. Poor dears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit