The Field Service will end someday, maybe?

by Quarterback 52 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Except in most (all?) lands now it's voluntary donations. Not everyone contributes so it's left up to a minority to pay. I would be amazed if revenues are not dropping down year on year in western lands even though the society as a whole is swimming in spons.

The work will still not stop though, just change (as it is) to be more cost efficient.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

The reality - here in the real world - is that nobody cares about the strange people who are JWs, nor their strange beliefs.

THAT, I believe, is what will finish them gradually. Nobody even cares enough to argue with them. Those people with good manners will smile, accept the the publications and put them straight in the bin. The less well-mannered will laugh in their faces. And the (as I see it) reducing number of dubs will circle their wagons, consider it to be the 'last days', congratulate themselves and study their mags for all sorts of confirmation that they (and only they) are right.

All very sad, really, for the poor saps who have given their life to this crazy and controlling cult.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Some alternate ways of obtaining field service time already exist...or at least did a couple of years ago when i was still in:

• Elders can already count time for giving public talks.
    • Pioneers can count time spent on KH build projects and working in departments at DCs and CAs (this might only apply to Dept Heads).
    • Publishers can count time telephone witnessing or occupying a JW information booth/table.
    • Both parents can count the same time (double dip) witnessing to their children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit