District Convention Points Saturday 21-07-2012 New Light? Governing Body Is Our Mother?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

The relationship constantly changes to suit themselves. Making the GB the spiritual mother is another travesty. Don't they have enough adoration that they feel that they deserve this too?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@rather... just seen your msg. I have no idea about 3 day/2 day DCs. I've only heard any mention of this on this board and not from any active witnesses. At the assembly I recently attended the final speaker strongly suggested the convention would be back at the same venue next year but that's all. The only rumour I've heard about the convention I attend is that next year it will be bigger because of taking in more circuits that currently attend another venue, suggesting that there will be at least one less venue. Not that bothered TBH as I'm not sure if I will be going to next years shindig.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

konceptual99 said:

At the assembly I recently attended the final speaker strongly suggested the convention would be back at the same venue next year but that's all.

You know what THAT means?

They don't think Armageddon's coming within the next YEAR!! WHOA, what a RELIEF!!! (I was getting my affairs in order, just in case....)

• unshackled
    unshackled

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Mother do you think they'll like this song?
    Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
    Oooh, ahh
    Mother should I build the wall?
    Mother should I run for President?
    Mother should I trust the government?
    Mother will they put me in the firing mine?
    Oooh ahh,
    Is it just a waste of time?

Hush now baby, baby, don't you cry.
    Mama's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
    Mama's gonna put all her fears into you.
    Mama's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
    She won't let you fly, but she might let you sing.
    Mama's gonna keep baby cozy and warm.
    Ooooh baby, ooooh baby, oooooh baby,
    Of course mama's gonna help build the wall.

Mother do you think she's good enough, for me?
    Mother do you think she's dangerous, to me?
    Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
    Ooooh ah,
    Mother will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby don't you cry.
    Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
    Mama won't let anyone dirty get through.
    Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.
    Mama will always find out where you've been.
    Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean.
    Ooooh baby, oooh baby, oooh baby,
    You'll always be baby to me.

Mother, did it need to be so high?

• allelsefails
  • Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Who was Pastor Russell in this scheme of things, he was a male and was believed to be the "faithful slave" spoken of by Jesus. What striked me odd about this matter, is I was under the impression the "annoited Christ's Bride" was part of the spiritual Woman spoken of in Revelation.

The speaker's emphasis was on (Jehovah's Visible Earthly Organization that brought us spiritual milk as babies, now providing spiritual T-bone Steaks and Potatoes) the Governing Body who are annointed by the WTS, (annointed oil horn) all other annointed are considered "mentally" unless proven otherwise.

The language used by the speakers and the outlines are "slight of the hands", my next topic on Hannah is another hocus pokus parlor trick.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

unshackled - I love that Pink Floyd song! I always thing of the WTS when I hear it because there's really not one word that doesn't apply.

• trebor
    trebor

"If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother," [Watchtower, May 1, 1957, page 274].

You would think garbage like that they would want buried with the past. Amazing how desperate and the desire to apply the choke hold on the members.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

marking

• sir82
    sir82

I think the idea comes from Galations 4:26, which reads this way in the NWT:

But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.

Freddy Franz wracked his fevered brain to equate "the Jerusalem above" with "Jehovah's organization" back in the 50's. And of course who is "Jehovah's organization" other than "the Wathtower Society"? By now, of course, "the organization" has morphed into "the geverning body".

It was a popular Society meme through the 70's then kind of disappeared. It began reappearing on occasion maybe 10 years ago, but has been reappearing with vigor over the past year or so.

I have no idea why they chose to resurrect the idea. It's one of the goofier ideas they've come up with. I would have expected it to go the way of "vaccines are monkey pus" and "cooking with aluminum will shrink your brain".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit