District Convention Points Saturday 21-07-2012 New Light? Governing Body Is Our Mother?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It smacks of pagan worship, such as the Druids, and the Roman Catholic Church. Most of the churches dedicated to Mary were built on the site of former Druid sites. My experience of the Society is that it was not motherly at all.

This also raises Christological issues. I've heard several times that Mary was only Jesus' mom, respected certainly, but Marian worship emerged around 1,000 C.E. when Europeans believed Armageddon would occur. They needed a reassuring, forgiving presence --Jesus' mom was the perfect character to elevate.

So Jesus is merely a spirit, the same as any old angel, but the Society is co-equal to God? This is perverse.

I remain fascinated by the fact that some individuals actually makes up these wacky ideas.

Goddess worship is good in my book. Dump JAH and elevate Mary further, which is exactly what the GB is doing.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"NOOOO WIRE HANGARS!!!"

"So Jesus is merely a spirit, the same as any old angel, but the Society is co-equal to God? This is perverse."

Not really. The son relays all messages from Mom's sister to his Dad, but Mom will communicate with Dad on behalf of the children. Got it?

It's simple, really, and makes perfect sense...

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

real parents set an example, and respect is earned (even husband -vs- wife)

these guys demand respect through falsehoods, and beatings?

• flipper
    flipper

Most JW's don't know that their alleged " mother " is raping children by abusing them, throwing their " childlike " elders under the bus by not supporting them in courts, paying out millions $$$$ of dollars to hush up child abuse victims out of court, and not admitting fault to ANYTHING they do wrong - like criminally hiding child molesters. With a " mother " like that- who needs enemies ? The enemy lives with and feeds most JWs right now ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

As Blondie has said, it's not new.

In fact, my nickname is related to our mother WTBTS and all its legal corporations including the IBSA, of course.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

It's not a new teaching. I know one old boy who uses the phrase "listen to mother" reguarly to refer to following exactly what the society has to say.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

out of curiosity conceptal...will there really be no more 3 day conventions? what is the society planning on replacing them with?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The Mommy Dearest analogy is right on the money!

• Bella15
    Bella15

So ... it is SO wrong for the Catholics to have a "Mother" but it is okay for the JW's to have one?

OMG ... just when you think you've heard everything ... LOL

• cofty
    cofty

I didn't know the references to "mother" had ever gone out of fashion.

Notice how it infantalises the r&f.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit