Three elders show up "to encourage me" after 10 years!

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DJS
    DJS

WasAnElderOnce,

Unless you plan on re-joining the cult, I'm with the rest of the posters. There isn't anything good that can result from speaking to these men again. I'm not discounting that there may have been some true concern by these elders, but they were also on a fishing expedition. Wolves in sheep's clothing as it were. But I think you know that.

And their 'training' almost certainly involves more clearly defined administrative protocols and procedures that are designed by the Dark Lords to protect the Dark Tower from liability and nothing more. All of my 'training' when I was an elder was forgettable nonsense. I don't ever recall any of it dealing with truly caring for individual sheep above their own precious hides. If you don't tell these men what they want to hear or give them what they want to see, I think you know how quickly their 'training' will drive them to view you as an enemy deserving of death.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    If you don't want to be DF'ed, NEVER meet with 3 elders under any circumstances.

Actually, 2 elders (or even 1 elder and a MS) would be sufficient. I know you can be careful what you say, but with two or three men together, one is bound to take something you say and twist it ever slightly. Later, he will say you said something deserving of a judicial committee and he will say "Didn't he, brothers?"

I stick with "I am fine."

Tons of training- yeah, right. Still- call headquarters and do what they say. Nothing really new in their "tons" of training.

• Ding
    Ding
    "I'm a little out of the loop, brothers. Please fill me in on all the new light that's come out in the last 10 years."
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Three elders show up "to encourage me" after 10 years!

How would you react if three elders showed up to encourage you?

I`d say..

............."It`s a Good Thing Your Not Firemen!"

,,,,..,,,,,,,,Image result for 3 stooges firemen

............Image result for Burnt down house

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Three Elders walk up to a house, sounds like the start of a joke.
  • steve2
    steve2

My God! Three of them on your doorstep at once! You wait hours for a taxi and ten show up at once! Overkill, man.

Were they standing in a neat row,from tallest down? Or one pressed behind the other like the three stooges so you'd intiially think there was one elder but then, hey presto! one waves out toyou from the left, and then the other waves out to you from the right.

There's a song-and-dance routine in there somewhere.

You gotta laugh otherwise they'd shred you with their "innocent" queries.

But three of them! Doesn't the violate some municipal law about having more than two people stand on your doormat at once? Just hope, though, the doormat wasn't you, man!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    They started in on it being a "command" to attend meetings. I told them that if it were a "command" they would be having hundreds of committee meetings a month for all the people who don't attend. When they came down on me about it I answered it this way, "Jehovah knows my reasons." I told them my reasons as well. The whole Pedo thing etc. and then I said that Jehovah said, (James 2:13) . . ."For the one that does not practice mercy will have [his] judgment without mercy. Mercy exults triumphantly over judgment." Then I declared that I trust in Jehovah's mercy as far as my meeting attendance goes. They were thrown off by that and had no answer. I said its Christs sacrifice that will cover my sin if it is in fact a sin not to go." again no answer. Just have to know how to baffle them with their own BS. Again, when they left it was hugs all around. Silly rabbits.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Yeah three elders, I agree with the other posters they were trying to get something on you. I have never heard of three elders calling on someone unless it is judicial crap.
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    How would you react if three elders showed up to encourage you? Asshat clowns.

I'd shut the door on them. There are enough clowns around that I have to deal with, never mind inviting a conversation with ringleaders that have an agenda that suits their purpose, not mine.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    when they left it was hugs all around

Urgh, hope you showered afterwards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit