Three elders show up "to encourage me" after 10 years!

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I had three Elders show up unannounced last year at the hospital thanks to my mom. I went into the emergency room and my mother told them my religion was JW. I haven't been in a kingdom hall for nearly 15 years, including memorials. Well the next day I had three separate visits by 3 different Elders to discuss the blood issue with me. I was like WTF?

I was so pissed off at my mom. lol

• steve2
    steve2

Again, when they left it was hugs all around. Silly rabbits.

If your proclivites and theirs were nonstandard - and they were half-way decent looking - this could have led to a fruitful bonding session that would make for an interesting connection or two, Scriptural or otherwise. There have been worse couplings in JW-dom I am sure.

Showering afterwards is always a good idea, though.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Honestly?

Okay, I'll be honest: I'd tell them they have seconds to get off my porch......and I'd be holding my gun when I said it.......

Can someone explain why anyone even engages these jokes????

• Splash
    Splash
    Tell them you'd need to be rebaptised, because it's a totally different religion compared to 10 years ago.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I had an elder come by (young guy). they were just in service in the area. Bonus.....the inactive guy.

So I invited them in for water. My family was so dynamic that morning. Music playing. Baby jumping in the jumpy. Toddler singing songs. Cooking breakfast. Just cleaned. Getting ready to go to basketball practice.

Honestly.....he just couldn't go there. I mean, how do you turn on the somber......in the middle of so much happiness.

It was very disarming. what you did with these guys was similar. But more than one at a time? No way. I simply wouldn't entertain it.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

How would you react if three elders showed up to encourage you?

Two came to my house on a Saturday. I told them to, 'come back Monday, I'm busy'. They never came back. I guess it wasn't really that important.

• minimus
    minimus
    I say, thanks for your concern but I am not going to go there. Then talk about the weather and how I must attend to something.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

We had two Elders knock a few weeks back, Mrs Phizzy answered the door, and told them she wouldn't invite them in as I was naked !!!!

She knew I was upstairs changing clothes ready to go out, so it was only a slight exaggeration LOL.

As she commandeered the conversation, got whatever news she wanted from them of people we once knew, and then would not respond to any of their leading questions in a way that gave them either an opening or any information about us either, they pretty soon left.

Quite what the purpose of the call was, after us having been left the JW's for over 7 years, we are not sure, and we don't care.

• sunny23
    sunny23
    I would love to answer the door naked and try to give them all hugs and welcome them inside with big smiles. Surely they would decline and leave rapidly after failed attempts to get me to clothe myself in my own house and probably never come back AND I would FINALLY be put on a permanent do not call list to prevent females from having their eyes burst in flames.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Phizzy, maybe a memorial invite, if it was a few weeks ago? Either way, mrs. Phizzy handled it beautifully!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit