Three elders show up "to encourage me" after 10 years!

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Three elders show up at my front door unannounced to offer encouragement to me and one of them is a graduate from Missionary School For Couples; my first thought...'this graduate elder didn't learn much from his special training, did he'???

Three grown adult males at anyone's from door...inappropriate behavior in my neck of the woods!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    I can't believe they came to bug you after 10 years! Desperation?
  • Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    It was probably a box ticking exercise. Right, who's next on the inactive / DA / DF'd list...?
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I have been pretty sure for some months now that the Org is going to initiate a culling exercise - a McCarthy-type witch-hunt programme, to rid the Org of deadwood who neglect meetings, F.S., & assemblies, but crucially, are clearly not contributing financially to the local KH's money-grabbing operations!

As a lawyer would advise his client - No comment, No comment, No comment, because there is always one low-life Elder in the pack of wolves who will pervert anything you say in order to get his prey!

Avoid any conversations in future - at all costs.

• stillin
    stillin

I always include this disclaimer to my reasonings when speaking with an elder, "My opinions are my own. I don't feel that I need to share them with others in the congregation. I only express them to you because you are a mature older man and a "big tree" for me to get some shelter beneath. I don't recommend myself to others. I formed my opinions on my own and I respect the right of others to do the same."

I hope this will continue to keep the apostate hunters off my back. Plus, it's true.

• OzGirl
    OzGirl

I use the skills that I learned from the Theocratic Ministry School and Service Meeting - how to evade answering a householder's questions. Now I use those same skills to evade answering questions from elders.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you.

Silence is the best answer. Don't give them the power!

• menrov
    menrov

Next time you can say "I am glad you came to my door as this is proof that I am now appointed as the FDS. I prayed for it, asked for the holy spirit to show me proof that I am now the channel through whom God is speaking. And there you are. It must be the hand of Jehovah"

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    so, if you were not a former elder what is the likelihood they would have shown up?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love your response menrov!!

Oh ask them to direct you to the "building site leak" at the same time...that will REALLY prove the Holy Spirit is directing you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit