Three elders show up "to encourage me" after 10 years!

by Wasanelder Once 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    "Hey brother Wasa, come on back to the meetings." (after 10 years) So I respond that the situation with Pedophiles is out of hand. They tell me "we" elders have received tons of training on the subject, its not like it was 10 years ago. They tell me that it is safe and in hand now. I didn't want to rock the boat but simply said, "well, that's good news." No new brochure yet but I imagine they think magic will happen next time when they bring it. I mentioned the new brochure and said I don't need to read it but they didn't follow my reasoning. How would you react if three elders showed up to encourage you? Asshat clowns.
  • sir82
    sir82

Good grief, 3 elders? That's a judicial committee. You're lucky they didn't can you right there.

If you don't want to be DF'ed, NEVER meet with 3 elders under any circumstances.

• cappytan
    cappytan

THREE elders? That's more than an investigation committee.

How would I react? I'd crack open a bottle of Bourbon and proceed to pour myself a stiff drink, and then tell them it's not a good time for encouragement as I'm just finishing up breakfast.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just waiting for my turn:

"Thank you for your concern, but there's nothing I want to talk about at the moment. If things change, I'll let you know."

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

NEVER meet with two or more elders at once!!!!

You should know that mate after having been an elder.....

I wish you well. Play things calmly and carefully.

( as a side point, I noticed with all the stuff I have gone through over the last 12 months, that the elders had THREE different pairs of elders "pop" by at different times to "chat"...what I didn't realise then, was that they gathering "THREE WITNESSES" to verify matters!!!. I think I hung myself by saying the same things to those three different pairs)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Did the question of why did they show up after 10 years ever get answered? That would've been the first thing out of my mouth.
  • Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I had studied with one of the elders till he became a witness. The other was not an elder when I was. The third was a graduate from the missionary school for couples. I have no problem speaking with them. I know to use the FDS as my authority and not the Bible. I trump everything they say. I have no fear for these buffoons. Thanks for the advice. All hugs around when they left.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

How would you react if three elders showed up to encourage you?

I would laugh directly at them and say " You must be joking Right ? "

or Yah, I'm going to join a lying corrupt religious publishing house so they can exploit me for money and labor !

Leave them with something to think about at least.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

They tell me that it is safe and in hand now.

Was that a Freudian slip?

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What Searcher said:

"Thank you for your concern, but there's nothing I want to talk about at the moment. If things change, I'll let you know."

I wouldn't give them ANYTHING. Once you say something (anything) you now give them the power to dig or go further with you. I would give them NOTHING. They NEVER gave us anything when we were "in". Just returning the favor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit