For those in any doubt that the Society is at war with Facebook...

by cedars 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I think they know...they can't do an all out NO FB rule. I doubt that will ever happen. Nobody pays attention to these 2 bit little rants in watching the world...what a joke!

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I love FB for business. I have more than one account (one is not under my name). it makes it easy to keep in contact with Clients, potential clients, and the press. Most newspaper reporters have a FB page.

Rule #1. Don't put up anything you wouldn't post on your front door.

It is an excellent way to contact old JW friends and Apostate JW friends. Most people have a phone number, email address, town and FACEBOOK email account. PERFECT for forwarding newspaper clippings about child molesting, Brooklyn sales, etc. It is an excellent way to weed out trolls. Is he/she a real ex-JW or legal dept-IT Bethel lacky..the Facebook account will tell!

I am amazed as to how many old friends (and their children) have left Watchtower over the years! The Pew study was on the mark!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What you describe should scare everyone, not just the wt.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Occasionally, Facebook suggests I 'might know' a few JWs, because years ago, I used the 'friend finder' to cross reference the address book of a Hotmail account.

A few months back, I noticed that the security settings on a few of those profiles got tightened up, all around the time of the 'Internet Eve' article.

Weak-minded sheeple.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Feckbook is a huge data mining hole, but last I checked everything you post there is voluntary and they will not send 3 goons to interrogate you if they think you did wrong, and then make everyone defriend you until you have repented.

Weak game, Watchtower!

Watchtower Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body criticizes Facebook but they are worse

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

They have information that i had deleted?..... well good cuz there are some pics that I am looking for.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Would you go into a shopping mall and announce over the public adress system that you are going away on holiday for a month to strangers ? theirby inviting undesirables to case and rob your home? Yet that is what many do when they put out too much personal information on social network sites , if you want to tell people about such things of a personal nature ,do so after the event not before.

smiddy

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Depends on your security settings, smiddy.

You can set it so that only your friends can see your status, photos etc.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Balaaam... sez,

I love FB for business. I have more than one account (one is not under my name). it makes it easy to keep in contact with Clients, potential clients, and the press. Most newspaper reporters have a FB page.

Rule #1. Don't put up anything you wouldn't post on your front door.

It is an excellent way to contact old JW friends and Apostate JW friends. Most people have a phone number, email address, town and FACEBOOK email account. PERFECT for forwarding newspaper clippings about child molesting, Brooklyn sales, etc. It is an excellent way to weed out trolls. Is he/she a real ex-JW or legal dept-IT Bethel lacky..the Facebook account will tell!

I agree. If you have any secrets, just don't get on these sites, but so far FB and LinkedIn have benn a great boon to me.

Randy

• rebel8
    rebel8

It seems strange that many people don't grasp the concept that if you give someone your information, then they have your information.

1. As quoted above. I can't say it better than that. It's not some conspiracy. sheesh.

2. Who cares if Facebook has data on members? Of course they do. How do people think fb works if they don't think fb exists because of marketing (which succeeds because of data fb has on members)? If you didn't want them to have your messages and so forth then you probably wouldn't have given it to them. duh.

3. I don't believe fb sent the data to him. This sounds like an urban myth. Who is this student? What's his name? Where is the evidence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit