For those in any doubt that the Society is at war with Facebook...

by cedars 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Oh i so don't care if the whole world knew what I post on FB. I don't write, post anything so interesting. They get more out of our credit cards and what we surf on the internet, or watch on TV..... then what we ate for lunch on FB....

I love the paranoid thinking of JW's reminds me of how far I have come

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Well cedars, that is a legitimate problem. Can't this info be sold to third-parties? Can't this info be hacked? Just look at Anon...

• kimbo
    kimbo

..take a look at this from page 29 of the latest October 2012 Awake!

Is this true or a watchtower lie?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Is this true or a watchtower lie?

It's true. Facebook and other companies do keep a great deal of data about people. And much of that information is provided to marketers. The Watch Tower Society is not the only organisation to point this out.

Whether that's bad depends largely on what kind of information people decide to put on Facebook. Some people put very personal information on there, which isn't a very good idea.

It seems strange that many people don't grasp the concept that if you give someone your information, then they have your information.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

If the Society wanted to go on the rampage they could start suing different people for libel. I know of a company that would sue people for the most petty online reviews of their products. Two friends of mine who had blogs, were taken to court twice, because the company claimed the "reviewers" were defaming their good name. The case was thrown out of court eventually, but it costed my friend $50,000 in legal fees. The judge did not make this company pay the legal fees for the defense, $50k down the drain and justice was never served. We have a relative freedom of speech, be aware that anything can happen my friends.

Cedars do you keep a "Liability Policy" that covers legal fees in case you are brought before a court? If you feel some of your threads push the limit, you might want to buy a "Umbrella Policy" covering yourself and your family from malicious prosecution.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

At least Facebook provides the data upon request. They also provide a service for you to download your data. And they provide an option to have your profile to be permanently deleted.

If you write to the Watch Tower Society requesing what data they have about you, they'll do everything they can to get out of sending anything. And good luck getting the data deleted.

• Glander
    Glander

I closed out on facebook a couple of years ago. My wife is still on. I tend to be on the anti-facebook side, They accumulate too much info that people reveal thinking it is private. wrong-o.

The JW angle is to try to screen off members from "apostates". They are under siege and their days are numbered.

• dgp
    dgp

Would the fact that Facebook has information about its users be the reason why the Society doesn't want its members to have accounts there?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its good advise to not put up too much of your personal information on Facebook or any other open social net-work.

The WTS has gone a bit too far though , sort like stretching out their power and control over people like they usually do.

Its all about power for the WTS. and its stupid men they have exercising that power over their subjective mental slaves.

The other side of the coin really comes down to enforcing their members to not associate with non-JWS (worldlies)

and on-line social net-works are sometimes used as a vehicle to do just that.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS. is nervously paranoid about the inter-net and its easy access to information, particularly the information that exposes the WTS.

for being a inherent corrupt fraud, full of lies and corruption to self empower a few men and make some money.

Logically they have good probable reason to be concerned

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit