Watchtower and Anonymous Links, Updates, News, etc.

by DT 114 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

OOPS! James, that was supposed to be "project chanology".

• DT
    DT

"What did they do to Scientology?"

Their action against Scientology resulted in Worldwide protests and a great awakening to the dangers and scandals of Scientology. Anonymous didn't bring them down, but they weekened them greatly.

"I am going to again play my broken record - we should be VERY CAREFUL about aligning ourselves with this group."

I certainly don't think XJWs should align themselves with Anonymous. We are very different groups with different cultures and philosophies. However, our goals do overlap. We can provide information to help them avoid certain mistakes and be more effective. We can also use this as an opportunity to bring more attention to the dangerous policies of the Watchtower Society that need to be changed.

Anonymous action may result in the release of a huge amount of information that could be used for both good and bad purposes. I think it will be largely up to the XJW community to try to use that information responsibly and prevent some of the damage that might otherwise happen.

• Scott77
    Scott77

bttt

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

A couple of the things that came out of their project on Scientology was the debacle about a boat that was filled with asbestos and gave some scientologists some form of cancer and also the kidnapping case became public knowlege.

From what I understand the JW files have been pulled and are being decrypted. I don't see how they're going to do it without the program that runs them but hey more power to them.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I have been doing some cryptanalysis on the dumps that have been provided and it looks really interesting - ~200 new records in a month sounds about right. Yes, right now we can't read the information (yet) but the statistics alone can tell us a great deal.

The problem is that the internal workings of the database are not public and they didn't use a 'standard' program instead relying on a home-built system. The advantage is that initially getting the hang of things is a lot harder, the downside is that unless you have a PhD in cryptography, you don't really understand the implications of what you're doing (even the best computer programmers can't write competent crypto-algorithms) all the time and you make a lot of mistakes which makes things easier to analyze and eventually crack. That's one of the reason's there are only about a dozen crypto-algorithms that are in use these days.

One of the mistakes seems to be that they use the same key to encrypt individual cells or rows which results in a lot of repeat data which can be statistically analyzed and with some linguistic analysis we could eventually derive the keys. Eg. with names, how many people aren't named John (4), James (5), Robert (6) or Michael (7) and my initial analysis suggests that yes, there are suspiciously much 4, 5, 6 and 7-letter strings (encrypted) that repeat over and over again.

So now I need to write a program that can tests trillions of keys (some tools can test up to 1 billion keys/second) and get one of those names in plaintext out of it. I am doing this in my free time but I'm sure there are people better than me working on it as well.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

? Anony mous, how long would it take a pissed off DOD gal at NSA to hack WTBTS?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    The problem is that the internal workings of the database are not public and they didn't use a 'standard' program instead relying on a home-built system...Anony Mous

........................;-)...OUTLAW

• DT
    DT

There are a lot of important updates at this link http://pastebin.com/3NitcTLF

• Londo111
    Londo111

Alas, I'm at work and that link is blocked. :(

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Me too! Can someone copy and paste?? Please??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit