Watchtower and Anonymous Links, Updates, News, etc.

by DT 114 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

mail.watchtower.net. - 204.202.9.98 [Successful connect: Got a good response [250 ok]] (took 0.937 seconds)

HOLY RUSTED METAL BATMAN!

A 250 Ok response from a mail server. And it only took 0.937 seconds!!!!

This is groundbreaking news.

We can verify that a mail server exists, and it only took 1 second to respond.

The hacker is either operating over 24k modem, (or via a proxy network, in which case.. ping time is totally screwed and thus irrelevant), or the Watchtower is running their email server on a Pentium 2... either way, this is very good news indeed.

WTF?

You guys are too slow, and too loud. THINK SMARTER.

- Lime

• dalek
    dalek

We don't need to worry about convincing each other, but I think it would be to everyone's benefit if we try to conter-act their false information. If nothing else than to protect SilentLambs from unwarranted attacks by Anon.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Heh. Yeah. The hacker is behind 5 proxies.

That means he knows what he is doing, right?

- Lime

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    But can we all PLEASE NOT IGNORE the fact that the Watchtower is already trying to redirect Anonymous to attack SilentLambs instead? Because wow. That's so fucked, and also, we need to set the record straight and fight their misinformation campaign.

The people doing this are noisy idiots.

"HEY I'M GOING TO BREAK INTO YOUR SAFE TONIGHT!!!!" "HEY LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY, I AM GOING TO BREAK INTO THE WATCHTOWER SAFE TONIGHT" "HEY LOOK I AM BREAKING INTO THE WATCHTOWER SAFE NOW."

TWITTER UPDATE: "I AM BREAKING INTO THE WATCHTOWER SAFE, BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT AES-128 ENCRYTION IS! Z1 COMPRESSION IS A TOTAL MYSTERY!"

The person doing this really should be louder, I think. I'm sure if the FBI got involved, they would be completely clueless. Dumbfounded, I would think.

- Lime

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The Watchtower would not "work with" a loose canon like Bill Bowen. This is paranoid nonsense, not valuable inside information. Sure Silent Lambs might be criticised for their strategy, but deducing a conspiracy from that is just nuts.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Bookmarking for the consolidated info.

I'm afraid I don't understand the more recent posts at all but that just shows I'm totally not clued up.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The Watchtower would not "work with" a loose canon like Bill Bowen. This is paranoid nonsense, not valuable inside information. Sure Silent Lambs might be criticised for their strategy, but deducing a conspiracy from that is just nuts. What SlimBoyFat said above is not only good sense, but it should be obvious to all of us here. Just because somebody has decided to pick on the WTBTS - does not really make them our trusted friend.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Good point James_woods

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Digital security is a professional field - the sort of thing you need a professional degree to properly understand.

I mean - people have been trying to keep things secret since ROMANS 1:1 and before, right?!

For example, a knowledgable, educated, professional security consultant would never place the PRIMARY KEY near the ENCRYPTED DATA SET.

Granted, an uneducated amature might do that sort of thing - assuming that nobody on the OUTSIDE would put that much effort into reading a file that wasn't plain-text. Certainly not. To keep private data in a form like that would be negligence, and a potential breach of privacy law.

That would be the sort of thing someone who is uneducated, incompetent, and unqualified might do to just to save time. Certainly the Watchtower wouldn't rely on someone like that.

To be serious - there are without doubt some serious security issues at the Watchtower, and perhaps their hiring qualifications are to blame.

- Lime

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I'm kind of eh about the being too noisy thing. I think if you're confident enough in your abilities you can tell someone what you're going to do before you do it because you know they have no way to stop you.

Personally from the posts I'm reading about the file with all the JWs information in it, it seems much like an access document but if they get the data dump it's going to be pretty hard to decipher without the program that organizes all the information. Hopefully they're able to pull that along with the information otherwise I think the whole thing is worthless. I have to admit the idea that ex-JWs around the world would be able to pull up this program and check what elders have put in their files about them would be incredibly interesting and fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit