My baby has a friend!

by mrsjones5 32 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's hard for my youngest son Joshua to make and keep friends because his autism gets in the way. There's this neighbor boy who lives across the way who's asked to be Josh's friend. It's been so cool. They go out to play or he comes over to see Josh and hang out with him. Right now they're playing Mario Kart and gabbing together about the game. It's like my son has his own little Troy (that's a "Community" reference) and I'm stoked.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Aww, bless!

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

That is so sweet, that must warm your heart.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The kid has come a long way.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Isn't it great for us parents to see things going well for our kids....it's all we really want isn't it ? I work with a Woman who has an Autistic Son who just graduated High School. She said she feels like someone should give her an award because it was a long haul getting him there. He had a graduation party at a restaurant because if it were held at home, she feared he'd just go down into the basement and sort of hide out. Instead, at the restaurant he greeted his guests and was outgoing and friendly and the party was a success . His Mom was on cloud Nine too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I agree, she should get an award. She must be very proud of her son.

• Dagney
    Dagney

That's wonderful!!!

• wasblind
    wasblind

I know that warm feelin' Josie ain't nothin' more satisfyin' than seein' your child happy and content

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Cool !! Good for Joshua !

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Everyone needs a friend. Especially a child who is autistic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit