Was There Ever A Poster Here That Realy Was a Watchtower Spy?

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Since some believe that Watctower regularly observes this site,did you ever know of a Watchtower double agent here?

• james_woods
    james_woods

No. Thank you very much.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

If they spy I don't see them having active believing r&f dubs doing that work. They may have upper cronies do this sort of work who know full well that wts is a lie and don't care to be here, or they may hire external agency to watch for certain items and report to wts. We could have people like apologists who claim not to be jws but feel that wts is the truth to be spies.

If they had active Bethalites doing spying on boards like this one, these sincere dubs would soon be on our side of the fence, which would be a great liability for wts so I don't see wts techies spying on us. Hiring an external agency makes a lot of sense, since these would be paid to watch for "copyright" infringements and/or other wts demands as in who the active members may be. They could provoke others to converse to see reactions and such.

If they watch ejw sites in this manner they surely watch jw sites as well since we're already out and really mean no income for them, but the jwtalk forums is what would matter to wts most. After all, if active dubs start having sort of doubts or issues, these would be great issues to address in the future wts publication - "uhhh the right food at the proper time for some.""Just what I needed" Also, wts may not care about dubs too much but they do care enough not to lose too many as that is their bread and butter after all.

• minimus
    minimus

They used to say I was a Watchtower spy....haha

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Crap, minimus is on to me!

• minimus
    minimus

Yup

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It's a trickle up effect I think. They do hire other companies to check for copyright infringement and the like. I think there are some lurkers here that hope to catch a member of their own congregation here.

Given the sparlock debacle, they must have some reporting on what's "trending". Almost any large company has those things though, usually done by an outside marketing agency that checks what the company is doing wrong, how it's in the news and how it's doing on social networks. I do know that much of their marketing online is done by an outside company (the hosting and development of their own website) as well as various other things (probably the Sparlock video given it's quality). Portions of the Watchtower Library (such as the compression and indexes) were definitely developed out-of-house, the technology is from a company that used to develop books for Palm as the format the WTLIB uses has large similarities and can actually be opened on a very specific, old program but I lost the name in time.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Yes. I get the minimum Bethelite allowance for all my double-agent duties here.

That and what I'll eventually get from Social Security will enable me to retire at the ripe old age of 99!

om

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

not that i know of or I will fall off my chair if he or she post here regularly.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cygnus. Can you remember that far back? I think a lot of the threads were removed and I don't know what the real story was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit