I watched "Game Change" I`m curious about americans take on this movie,and their attitude to Sarah Palin

by smiddy 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

BTW - Palin used to be a very attractive woman, but lately she has taken on a very sour, bitter, hard-edged look. Anyone else notice this? Portrait of Dorian Gray?

I noticed this. I just saw her and was surprised at how much she had changed---and quickly. I even started to wonder if she is sick---not to start a rumor---she just doesn't look good and it seems sudden. Her face is drawn quite a bit.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Who said her ideology didn't effect her performance? This is the woman who wanted to ban books at the Wasilla Library. This is the vindictive woman who used her office to go after an Inlaw.

She is an ignorant hick. And if you've seen any of her family and their shenanigans since '08 you know this.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Placing her ignorance to one side, I wonder if Palin was more aggressive or vitriolic than male vice presidential candidates in the past. It would be great to hear from Palin supporters. Based on credentials and experience, I should have supported Hillary. Her soft skills and her attitude that she was entitled to the nomination b/c of Bill's infidelities made her unpalatable to me. Of course, even if the discrimination against women is correct, Palin's ignorance still remains. Could my lack of experience with female politicians overcome my feminist beliefs? Bob Dole was quite caustic and effective. Is there a double standard in politics? Also, the Not Ready for Prime Time Players sticks in my mind. I experienced Hillary Clinton as whiney. She had impressive credenitals but so do many others. Of course, I was not the only defection. Feminists volunteered and voted for Obama in droves. I think she does an extraordinary job as Secretary of State. It is hard to believe it is the same person.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BOTR

I thought Condolesca Rice (forgive my spelling) did a marvellous job as Secretary of State , she impressed me , but then I`m on the other side of the world , what`s your thoughts on her ?

smiddy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Smiddy,

I opposed most of the Bush administration foreign policies, esp. the war against Iraq. America's reputation abroad which gained more respect after September 11th plummeted. Bush always seemed strident. His comment about Bin Laden, wanted dead or alive, was not presidential, IMO. Bush always seemed needlessly strident to me. I very admired Rice's soft skills. Her intelligence is keen. She has savvy. I can listen to her justify some policy without wanting to kill my TV. Although she had to be political to get her position, she gave the impression she was above the fray.

Her demeanor was the eptiome of diplomacy. It is too sad she was part of a bad policy making team.

She was and remains a great role model for girls. In contrast to some other female secretary of states, she always seemed a lady. The bottom line has to do with the actual policy, though.

May I ask what you most admired in Rice? Actually, I must give Bush credit for nominating a woman and a very refined one with a soft spoken yet assertive voice.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

Sarah Palin is the US President in the Finnish movie "Iron Sky".

• smiddy
    smiddy

BOTR

To answer your question I was most impressed with her decorum ? she was articulate when she spoke ,and she was knowedgeable about world affairs ,and she was beleivable and,I think that is something missing in politics today. As an Australian I have a very high regard for Cond.Rice former secretary of state of the USA

If I was an american I would vote for Condolesca Rice as President for the the United States

When Obama became president it was not appropiate to have a black american secretariate of state ,and I think that was a huge mistake

These are just my sentiments

smiddy

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Along with hundreds of thousands or millions of Obama supporters, I emailed and telephoned the camapgin when she was reported to be a vp or Sec'y of State canddiate. She was showing him NO respect and NO deference after he nailed the nomination. The Democratic Party was split. People were angry with one another. Doris Kearns Goodwin, a famous American historian, had just written a book about Lincoln's cabinet,, called Team of Rivals. Rather than have yes men, Lincoln appointed his political enemies. It is clear the book influenced Obama.

HIllary calmed down. Her attitude changed. Her nomination calmed all the angry Hillary supporters. She underwent a massive primary change. I was furious when this Ohio/Arkansas woman who rode her H's coattails became one of NY's US Senators. She knew NOTHING about the issues facing NY. NY was the consolation prize for Bill's degrading her. NYers were not happy. There was little popular support for her. A bunch of politicans in a backroom decided who would run. She soon evolved as a superb Senator. I greatly admire her skills as Secretary of State.

Now I would consider supporting her for the presidency as long as she maintains her present personality. No one has entitlement to be president, Secretary of State, or Senator from a state such as New York. People I know who worked with her remark how n ice she is. Evidently, she is very different from what TV viewers see.

Yes, she is bright and competent. She can also be a harpy. Many people are capable of becoming president. People just as qualified. The Clintons are considered shady by many other Democrats. They seem to be present and center stage at numerous scandals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit