I watched "Game Change" I`m curious about americans take on this movie,and their attitude to Sarah Palin

by smiddy 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy
    smiddy

i`m an australian and I am interested in world affairs,though I`m certainly no expert.Previous to watching this movie , I have some information about Sarah Palin via media,and I know that can be biased , so what i am asking of you, the americans on this board what is your veiw of her ? Was this movie a true reflection of Sarah Palin ? or not ? And if you can give me an alternative veiw of her please do so.

smiddy

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I read the book and saw the movie. I think it was a fairly accurate portrayal of her based on what facts we do know. We have no shortage of direct quotes from her which paint a picture of her personality. She appears to be highly narcissistic, vindictive, petty, paranoid and not very knowledgeable or articulate.

She is a Christian evangelical, believing that God is directing her personally. Her loyalties seem to be very changeable. She is a grifter at heart - looking out for her bottom-line regardless of principles. We have yet to discover what she won't do for a buck.

That represents my view, but there are 10-15% of the American public who think she's swell.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Was this movie a true reflection of Sarah Palin ?

I haven't seen the movie, but I've read interviews with some of the other key people on McCain's team who are featured in the movie, and they seem for the most part to call it an accurate and fair portrayal.

I know when the movie first came out, some people otherwise inclined actually found some sympathy for the devi...er.. Palin.

Thanks for the reminder, I'll have to see if it's on Netflix.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" She is a Christian evangelical, believing that God is directing her personally. "

Hello there Bizzy, Jim Jones had that same mind set, and that can be dangerous

• wasblind
    wasblind

double post

• wasblind
    wasblind

" She is a Christian evangelical, believing that God is directing her personally. "

Hello there Bizzy, Jim Jones had that same mind set, and that can be dangerous

But it is a known fact that people with power over others, that think they are

directed by God can lead folk down a dangerous path like David Koresh and the WTS

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Wuz,

Yes, agreed, 'dangerous' is not too strong a word.

George W. Bush felt that God was sanctioning his invasion of Iraq - look how that has ended up.

A Palin vice presidency could have been a disaster of major proportions.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

wow bizzy, I could say the same thing about ALL politicians, including your idol - Barack

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

ALL politicians

Really? I don't think my city councilman has the power to take us into a protracted, bogus war, killing and wounding thousands of people.

He may be an ornery cuss, but I do believe he draws the line at invading a sovereign nation.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Pls excuse the underlining. My computer is wacko. I must return it. As soon as the book was released, I read it voraciously. The authors are journalists with ties to both parties. They are well respected. It was not just a hatchet job on the GOP, and Palin, in particular. Obama's campaign also had juicy stories. B/c they are superstars in journalism, people were more likely to believe their account.

I so hope that they write a similar book about this election cycle. Altho I watched the news when the campaign was ongoing, my mind is fried by how ignorant and polarizing Sarah Palin is. Indeed, most of the damning info concerning her candidacy was sourced to McCain's top staff. What do you say about a v p candidate, one heart beat away from the presidency ( and a presidential candidate way up in age and a cancer survivor), who can not read any nelwspapers or believes she has special expertise b/c you can see Russian territory with binoculars from the coast of Alaska.

I don't blame Palin as much as John McCain. She did not earn her way to the position. Palin provided the impetus for many Americans to become actively involved in the OBama campaign. She was the best "get out the vote" strategy that the Dems had.

I am suprised that it found an audience in Australia.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit