I watched "Game Change" I`m curious about americans take on this movie,and their attitude to Sarah Palin

by smiddy 47 Replies latest social entertainment

• GeneM
    GeneM

Before McCain picked her, she was less than a footnote in history. After, she became the most dangerous woman in the country. If she ever manages to hoodwink the country into giving her power again, she will abuse it in every way possible to undo sensible policy and implement extremist vomit. To sum up, she scared on of the most xenophobic nations on earth into electing a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank`s guys for your comments,I haven`t read the book but really enjoyed the movie.What i got out of the movie was the poloticking / marketing of a brand to capture the popular vote that goes on behind the scene ,and it was McCains advisers that screwed up in choosing someone who was very naive and very ignorant of world affairs and just couldn`t handle the pressure of holding such an office of responsability.Of course her ego would have blown out of proportion as she would have realised she was only a heartbeat away from being the president of the USA and I think that also contributed to her change in personality/attitude.......just my take on Sarah Palin

smiddy

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

After Palin recently called Nancy Pelosi "a dingbat" (re: the health care reform bill), a commenter made this post:

Nancy Pelosi has the balls to complete 25 years of service in the House of Representatives and never backed down no matter now much vile shit was thrown at her.

Little Caribou Barbie couldn't even complete one term as governor of a state with a smaller population than Nancy's Congressional District.

Kinda says it all.

BTW - Palin used to be a very attractive woman, but lately she has taken on a very sour, bitter, hard-edged look. Anyone else notice this? Portrait of Dorian Gray?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why do you think she shifted so hard to the kooky right? It was appalling how her children were treated. It is hard to imagine how a nobody evoked such support and anger. I felt like pounding my TV set. Normally, I don't have strong reactions.

I keep telling myself to give her a margin of error b/c I detest her so much.

The GOP will stop her.

Slightly related: I voted for Guiliani b/c my neighborhood looked like Bombay or Calcutta. It was so, so bad. His predecessor was atrocious. He cleaned up my neighborhood. Law enforcement actually existed. HIs policies were so polarizing that poor people would go ballistic at the mention of his name. He wasn't worth the racial tension. When September 11th happened, he was fading. Everyone was looking forward to a new error. Next, he is more popular than ever.

If the McCain camp suggested that she target a certain demographic, I don't understand why she would persist in it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

She provided very high entertainment value. When she was governor, she appeared competent. Going beyond that, the Peter principle appeared to kick in.

This is very common among people who move on the the national scene. George W Bush was in over his head pretty much the day he left his parents home to do anything. Obama may have done okay in school and been an acceptable community organizer. But when he got into the state house in Illinois, he was pretty much out of his league.

In Palin's case, being governor of a state is not such a big deal. She was governing over some 600,000 people, about what a medium sized city mayor presides over.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

She's got beautiful skin and lovely features & smile.

She and the rest of her republican friends seem to be still re-living the cold war days, right down to mommy being home, daddy working at the Agency and all the kids named Beaver.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    BTW - Palin used to be a very attractive woman, but lately she has taken on a very sour, bitter, hard-edged look. Anyone else notice this? Portrait of Dorian Gray?

Projection much?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I agree that she would be much more attractive if she softened up her look. She is not as young as she once was. On the other hand, do we ever comment about how male candidates present themselves. Her policy ideas are spooky and her ignorance is mind boggling.

I don't see how she governed Alaska with her lack of knowledge. Perhaps she was adept at local Alaska politics but lost on the national stage.

She consistently failed to know things the vast majority of college grads know. Perhaps she just needed more time to polish her image. I don't think George Bush was stupid. He simply was not well spoken in public. Everyone I knew was annoyed that Caroline Kennedy would prob. become the US Senator from New York. Despite her background, she mumbled and was incoherent. Experts stated that a few months of coaching would have made her articulate. Most people work up the ladder and learn on the job.

I sense aggression in Palin. Of course, aggression is the job of the vice presidential candidate. I felt animus from Palin and Santorum. It is interesting b/c I don't think most people on the right want to squash me. I truly felt that I coud do a better job than Palin. Of course, she was very good at speeches tailored for her base. She was more effective than McCain. Dan Quayle started to look very impressinve compared with Palin.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I agree that she would be much more attractive if she softened up her look. She is not as young as she once was. On the other hand, do we ever comment about how male candidates present themselves. Her policy ideas are spooky and her ignorance is mind boggling.

I don't see how she governed Alaska with her lack of knowledge. Perhaps she was adept at local Alaska politics but lost on the national stage.

She consistently failed to know things the vast majority of college grads know. Perhaps she just needed more time to polish her image. I don't think George Bush was stupid. He simply was not well spoken in public. Everyone I knew was annoyed that Caroline Kennedy would prob. become the US Senator from New York. Despite her background, she mumbled and was incoherent. Experts stated that a few months of coaching would have made her articulate. Most people work up the ladder and learn on the job.

I sense aggression in Palin. Of course, aggression is the job of the vice presidential candidate. I felt animus from Palin and Santorum. It is interesting b/c I don't think most people on the right want to squash me. I truly felt that I coud do a better job than Palin. Of course, she was very good at speeches tailored for her base. She was more effective than McCain. Dan Quayle started to look very impressinve compared with Palin.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Governing Alaska is not such a big deal. Sure, it looks big on paper, a map. I was there in 2007 and saw just a tiny bit of it and that was a huge swath. When I realized that there were only 600,000 people there, about a fifth of San Diego county where I am at, that amazed me. Governors govern people, and not dirt, so it was not a reach for her to be governor there. She seemed capable and acceptable enough then. When she went national, something changed. I think she gained a public and started playing to them. She is definitely not as dopey as several of the goobers who inhabit the California statehouse.

Now George W, he did not come across as having a mastery of book learning, and could not competently manage a business, but I had the impression that he had a sort of cunning intelligence, the kind where he could size up people accurately, knowing who was friend or foe, strengths and weaknesses. That has a very high value in shark infested political waters. People really did misunderestimate him enough that he tricked his way into the white house twice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit