Do you miss the sense of security the organisation gives you?

by Mr Facts 61 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully

The most important thing is the sense of security they held on to when they lived. It gave them hope and keeps them going.

Allow me to re-write that to reflect a modicum of accuracy:

The most important thing is the FALSE sense of security they held on to when they lived. It gave them FALSE hope and keeps them going UNDER FALSE PRETENSES.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I grew up in the jw religion. A vivid memory of mine: When I was in 3rd grade we had a terrible storm. I looked out my classroom window in horror. I thought Armageddon had started and I had no idea how I would get to my parents. I was in a panic. I still remember how that felt.

Security? Not so much.

Coffee

• Giordano
    Giordano

Believing in Bull shit is the opposite of security. Why are you even on this site? Let me give you some prespective about your role here......your our village idiot.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I grew up in the jw religion. A vivid memory of mine: When I was in 3rd grade we had a terrible storm. I looked out my classroom window in horror. I thought Armageddon had started and I had no idea how I would get to my parents. I was in a panic. I still remember how that felt "

Wow Coffee_black

It's sad to think that instead of havin' happy thoughts, children of this cult live in fear

Fear of classmates dyin' , fear of toys, fear of a thunder clap

It would have been nice if the teacher had of known of your fear, so she could

have told you from a scientific perspective what was happenin'

But people not familiar with this cult , are unaware of the fear instilled in a witness child

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

It would have been nice if the teacher had of known of your fear, so she could

have told you from a scientific perspective what was happenin'

i doubt that i would have listened if she had tried to comfort me...after all she was a worldly person...who was going to die...as was everyone else in the school... I was the only jw in the building....

Coffee

• wasblind
    wasblind

i doubt that i would have listened if she had tried to comfort me...after all she was a worldly person...who was going to die...as was everyone else in the school... I was the only jw in the building....

Coffee

You have just shown the importance of repeating things that have been discussed before

every story is important, each story is told from a perspective that may have not been seen before

That's what your post has for me and all I can say is Wow, because i didn't grow up witness

I had no idea, what went through the mind of a witness child

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Mr Facts (from his thread on 21 February 2012):

I am just thinking if there could ever be anything that would raise consciousness in the minds of millions of JWs that this a completely hoax.

And you have the gall to call other people hypocrites! If you want to believe JW lies, go ahead. But no one here is buying theirs or yours.

• okage
    okage

well said jeffro.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"I am sure most of you miss the sense of security regarding the future that the organisation offers- the certainty of everlasting life in the paradise earth, being healed and the confidence that you will definitely see your loved ones again if you remained faithful

But why did you pursue a course of life that had suddenly turned everything into a fable?. I have pity for you all."

Allow me to translate. "Why do accurate and meaningful research that will expose the Watchtower Society as being a hypocritial/deceitful fraud? Just bury your head in the sand! If you do that.....you'll be able to fool yourself and maintain your belief in a lovely fairytale. Doesn't it make you feel better to be in denial and keep that fable alive in your mind than to accept that you don't know what the hell is going to happen to you when you die?"

• James Brown
    James Brown

The organization is a lie.

The organization is a false prophet.

Gods word says the false prophets will be thrown into the lake of fire.

If you dont know what I'm talking about you were not around in 1976.

1 John 4:1

Matthew 7:15

Romans 16:17-18

John 8:44

2 Peter 2:1-22
    1 Peter 5:8

Romans 16:17

Ephesians 5:11

Psalm 26:4-5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest