Just wanted to say...

by tec 90 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

so it only means don't worship any other gods if you are one of His people...and so that all that tearing down other altars was unneccesary and possibly no even a command from God?

"It only means?" What "it" are you referring to?

My point was that we are to keep an eye on ourselves... not that we are to judge others for their varying beliefs or non-beliefs.

If you do not wish to be here, then you do not have to be here. If you think this place and its people are unclean, then you do not have to be here with them.

But I am permitted to be here, and I choose to be here. That this forum welcomes everyone is a good thing... no one is excluded, or shunned, or cast out because they are considered 'unclean' (which would require judgment that none of us has the right to do) This is what i was giving props to, as well as the support given to those who are exiting 'her' and searching for truth, and/or simple peace and acceptance, and rest.

It can be easy to get bogged down in the conflict and some of the intolerance shown here; but it does not hurt to be reminded of the good things about this place too... so as to focus upon those, and the people who need/want a haven and help.

Let me suggest that in accordance with scripture, God absolutely detested the presence of other gods in the midst of His people and where ever He directed them, His servants were commanded to tear down altars...and they did such a thing wholeheartedly BECAUSE they didn't just give lip service, but they worshipped Him in SPIRIT AND TRUTH. Their spirit detested the very things that God detested. john 4:24

I would suggest that God detested the evil things done in the name of (and under the guise of) other gods. He could not actually have detested other gods... because no such 'gods' existed.

Jesus said, "he who HAS My commands AND keeps them, it is he who loves ME". john 14:21

Yes, this is true.

Love God, and love our neighbor as ourselves. Show mercy. (I desire mercy, not sacrifice) The golden rule. Love one another as HE loves us. Bless and love your enemies. Turn the other cheek, and do not repay wrong with wrong. Do not judge. Serve one another, and as he served us.

What is it about this thread that you think is in conflict with Christ and His teachings?

Peace,

tammy

• talesin
    talesin

tammy - you are the reason people like me may respect some Christians, for you display a Christlike personality. MyElaine, on the other hand, is the kind who makes people shy away from even considering that religion. Please, continue to debate her, and show her up for the true hater that she is. You have the knowledge of Christ (such that it is, according to your belief system), and the love to do it.

(and yes, I mean that sincerely, though I do not share your beliefs)

xo

tal

• tec
    tec

and yes, I mean that sincerely, though I do not share your beliefs

Then I will take it as such, and thank you.

Christ was also outspoken and truthful, though. Not mean, but not one to soften truth to spare offense or pride.

But again, thank you for your kindness.

Peace,

tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

My dear Tams... lovely thread, lovely sentiment... lovely you. Dearest 'Mom... what YOU said, in your first response. Dear, dear Miz Josie... had me ROLLIN', girl!! The greatest of love and peace to you! WS, Wuz, Glad... all ya'll... peace to you!

Your servant, sister, and [fellow] slave of Christ,

SA

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ah, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle, Michelle...

• AGuest
    AGuest

Take Sab and the insult-generator(Shelby-Aguest with you).

I'm the insult generator, dear jay (peace!)? Sigh... ch'eah, right. Here goes that "h" word, again.

My wish for peace remains.

A slave of Christ,

SA (who had absolutely nothing to do with this lovely thread such that her "name" should have even come up. Ah, well... yet, another one of the boyz with AG on the mind...).

• tec
    tec

Peace and love to you, Shelby! Have a great couple of days at Tahoe.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

there are only two opposing kingdoms. the kingdom of God and the kingdom of satan...

do you really think that Jesus would celebrate the love amongst those who have chosen to not be part of Gods kingdom?

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

as requested, I asked my question to you over here.

love michelle

• mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit