Just wanted to say...

by tec 90 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

Tammy, this place is a slice of 'real life' for those who have never experienced it. That's just one thing I like about it. We have all kinds of people, and we are not zombies who follow what we are told. Sometimes peoples' search for independence makes them more vociferous, but hey, if we need to learn social skills, better here than in the workplace or other social 'real life' settings.

Thanks for posting this.

It's always meant a lot to me. That day, way back when, I typed "Jehovah's Witnesses" into google, and found JWN, was a revelation. Here, HERE, were my people! And as Sunnigal told me back then, 'you have found one of your tribes'. It's like a large, messy, somewhat dysfunctional family, that is nowhere close to the massive dysfunction of the Jehovah's Witnesses TM , and I have learned so much from so many.

xo

tal

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Coffee

• wasblind
    wasblind

Tammy is so sweet, she made me feel so welcomed

I will never for get that

• tec
    tec

(((everyone)))

Happy thread :)

Peace,

tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

healing of the spirit and the body comes from Jesus Christ. He is the great physician.

this "place" you describe is a lot like the mount where all the baal worshippers met (1 kings 18:20)

How much longer will the God of heaven tolerate this "place" before He brings judgement upon those in its midst?

...seriously, the bible says that God wont be mocked yet for many here that is the prime motivation for meeting in this place, it isn't to bring comfort or to be comforted...the bible clearly portrays this kind of "place" as an abomination...in seems that in Gods economy that is the reality of this "place".

was Jesus wrong to display intolerance towards those who wouldn't repent? (matthew 11:20...)

(the bible says that God gives a certain amount of time to repent then He judges: revelation 2:21-23...Jesus comes like a thief in the night)

love michelle

• tec
    tec

Michelle, I gotta go to work, but I will get back to you on all of your claims above when i get home.

Peace,

tammy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

myelaine Where have you been? I have missed your caustic style of posting.

You have summed up the forum well. This is a place where everyone is welcome, however bizarre their present point of view. You fit in well and remind me not to let my sword go rusty, in case your thief in the knight should happen upon me.

I expect Tammy will be kinder to you; whereas a sinner like me has no ideal to live up to.

• talesin
    talesin

myelaine

And in Matthew 11:29, Jesus said

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me; for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. [30] For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."

You are such a judgemental hypocrite. Learn from Jesus, if you truly believe in him.

ugh

tal

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

It's been a haven for me this 'place'. It helped me so much when I first found it and was still terrified of 'apostates'. The information here has led me to find my freedom and it's always here when the consequences of the WTBS life still manage to affect me. I'm grateful for it, very.

Loz x

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear talesin...

I do believe IN Him.

I also believe WHAT He says.

Jesus was all about DOING the will of His Father. If His Father didn't take kindly to those who would worship false gods WHAT makes you think Jesus did?...God is a jealous God.

I'm a messenger...I tell you words of truth you don't want to hear and you respond however you like...but it comes right down to the fact that we have all been given the light of the gospel and many here have turned away from the Light of the world to PURSUE other paths...and Jesus said: john 3:19-21...

If I didn't care about you or what you were doing I wouldn't say anything...I'd just watch you run wild in the streets, wouldn't I?

love michelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit