What are the chances that someone will return to the Borg. after 10-20yrs.?

by jam 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jam
    jam

It,s been 25yrs. for me. Now in my case my family probably

think, because I am living in sin ( not married but we have

been togather for 18 yrs.) maybe one day I will come back.

But seriously especially today with all available information

on any subject. I can see maybe those of you that was

born in, it,s all you know. But I would think the number

is still low (those that return). No one will dictate how I

must live my life. Witnesses believe , many leave because

we want to live A life of debauchery. If I spent 27 yrs.

of debauchery I would be dead, ok. Why can,t they understand,

read our lips we are not coming back.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My sister-in-law did go back after being DF'ed for about 16 years. If you don't learn TTATT (the truth about The Truth) there's always a chance that you will return from DF/DA/inactive status.

• jam
    jam

OnThewayout. Was she born in? I agree, if they don,t learn the

truth about the truth the chances are high (they return). But the

numbers still have to be low. I would think the numbers for

women born in are higher then the men.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

jam: In my limited experience as an ex-member, my observation has been that most inactive JWs are still 'captive to the concept' that Watchtower is God's Organization. As such, they are extremely likely to re-enter the organization at some capacity, especially if they fear that Armageddon is near.

We're the lucky ones.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a hope my mother has for me. It ain't ever gonna happen.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am a born-in, out 20 years, I would never ever return even though some in my family believe that I will. When I left, I never intended to go back. After what I have learned since leaving, my resolve to avoid that organization like the plague has only increased .My brother was df'd at age 17, he is now 64. He has never contemplated returning. We are both over and out!!

• blondie
    blondie

Out eleven years and not going back, same with hubbie. I did see inactive jws that came once a year at the memorial but never came back as an active member. Still believing maybe covering all the bases. But in 45 years I never saw someone come back and do the weekly schedule of meetings and service again. Many who leave have lifestyles that need to be adjusted. Also, the elders around here are not so sincerely diligent to get them back, just CYA for the CO.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

jam:

I have seen some go back because they missed some kind of association and they were still captive to the mentality of the religion. So, in their mind, they still saw themselves as a JW even when they were "out". They also didn't find out the real truth about the religion.

But, there are people there who know the real truth about the religion and cannot leave because of circumstances.

• jam
    jam

Longhair gal: I sympathize for those of you that

are still trap in the cult, I understand. But in one

way I hope you can stay in as long as possible in

order to help others to see the truth.

I guess I was speaking about my circumstances.

What are they thinking (my family, JW,s).

That Iam stubborn, refuse to believe that it,s Jehovah,s

organization ( even though I was A elder), having too

much fun (which is true), selfish. It,s crazy, pour Jam,

lost to Satan, one day he will see. It just insane in the

world of ex-Jw,s...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It depends on the reason why they left.. Two cases come to mind :

1) the bro who had never been able to successfully quit smoking, got caught and was d/f. After maybe 15 years out, he came back . An older person his bodily cravings now tamed he became a regular dub , and was a lovely guy to be around.

2) The sister who had fallen madly in love with someone that she could not marry. After he died 20 years later she came back and was accepted

Both of these were still mentally "in" , still beleiving , just not able to lead the life...Contrast that with us who now know too much. I could never go back. Life would be easier if I could, but I know that it is just not true , so it is impossible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit