What are the chances that someone will return to the Borg. after 10-20yrs.?

by jam 23 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

I have an aunt who was df'd for over 20 years. She was reinstated about 5 yrs ago. One of my cousins (3rd) has been disfellowshipped about 26 yrs. He is the most righteous df'd person you will ever meet in your life and says he's coming back one day. Both raised as JWs.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

jam: They really believe that stuff. I was once just like them. I never even contemplated that it might not be true.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

jam:

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I am a "fader" and thankfully am not still trapped in like so many others are. I truly feel sorry for them and I would squirm if I had to sit there.

I could not maintain a poker face listening to some of the nonsense from the podium. My displeasure would surely show on my face.

• Diest
    Diest

Many people will go back unless they kill their fears of the JWs being the only path to safety when the big "A" comes. Just look at the numbers right after 9/11 and the 2007 financial crash. There will always be events that scare us.

It was my one year aniversary of killing these thoughts last June. Had I not done that, there is a chance I would have run back at some point, especially if I had kids.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I did see inactive jws that came once a year at the memorial but never came back as an active member. Still believing maybe covering all the bases.

In my case for many years it was a CYA sort of thing. I left in 1982 when the renewed hard line against DA'ed or DF'ed people was just starting up.

Where would that go ??? Would people who just quit attending and opted out be Da'ed without ever formally signing out of the religion ??

It seemed to be a possibility at that time. I elected to continue going to the Memorial only. If questioned I was only weak in the faith and therfore not subject to DA'ing. I did this because of family ties that I wished to keep. Parinoid I know..

I no longer give a shit. I quit going entirely a few years ago and if they want to DF or DA me ....FUCCKUM..

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

The special talk this year,"It's Later Than You Think." was aimed at those who have left the organization. One elder claims that his congregation had at least three people who have been out for over a decade come back. Two were disfellowshipped for 14,15 years and were recently reinstated.

Although,they most likely always believed it was the "truth", or they wouldn't have bothered going to the special talk in the first place.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

DF believers should be viewed on the same level as jws until they are willing to learn and research about wts. Until, df/da/inactive believers take the step of learning TATT there is a high probability of them returning to the cult at some point in their life.

• designs
    designs

Some one made that offer to me, I simply pointed out that the 3 major religions that came out of Jerusalem all treat women as second class citizens, why would I go back and endorse that.

• Jehovah_Loves_Us
    Jehovah_Loves_Us

I know right. My mom will just out of the blue say "When are you going back to the KH?" I'm really sarcastic by nature, so I'm like "Ummmm, never." Then she gets all offended and silent treatment. She is in that mode right now. I haven't spoken to her in like a week. I appreciate her concern, but won't be going back.

• jam
    jam

well it,s great to hear, the chances of anyone returning

to the borg. on this site is zip. You folks have done A

wonderful job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit