What are the chances that someone will return to the Borg. after 10-20yrs.?

by jam 23 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard of people being scared back into the cancer after a long time. However, once they know the real story, they have about 1/50 the chance of returning to the cancer as someone who loses lots of weight through diet alone has of keeping it all off after 5 years. Their only tool is fear, shame, and guilt. Once one knows the real truth, all they can do is blackmail using family, tempt using curiosity, and threaten to ruin lives themselves while waiting on their Jehovah. Other than dragging someone back to the Kingdumb Hell, that's about it--and they are lame tools when a person truly knows better.

• dingo1
    dingo1

ill return when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbert

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have known of a few. I think the number will decrease over time due to the information available on the internet. Just as the number of new converts per hour of preaching has rapidly declined due to researching before joining, those that contemplate returning will come across the same information and be less likely to return.

Dingo1 - ill return when me shit turns purple

You many want to try eatting a couple of beetroots.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have seen a half dozen "return". All missed family and friends, I am not sure they really believe it. They hang out a bit, attend some Sundays...they might be on JVN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit