Watches: mens mechanical facination

by elderelite 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• dmouse
    dmouse

My own personal favourite is my trusty old Swiss Army S/S Officers Automatic. Steel casing is about 2mm thick and just about bullet proof.

Tissots are good value for money (but NEVER get a T-Touch!). The problem with Seikos is they are obsolete for parts after 5 years, but they are good watches for the price. Old Mechanical Omegas are solid, but don't touch the old Omega quartz, new ones are ok. Tag are good but over priced.

By the way - I'm a professional watch repairer. (No kidding!) And no, I won't mend your old Timex

• elderelite
    elderelite

Avash - hell yea! Any mechanical wach you find drop me a line. Im not big on qauartz ...

Dmouse- u r my new man crush

Glad to see im not alone in my love of watches... When i get home i will post a pic...

Billy, thats the newest seastar i think. Mine is an older model...

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I wear an original Junghans Mega - the first atomic-clock radio wrist-watch with an analog movement. It suits me in a lot of ways.

Always accurate to within 1/10 of a second! Phileas Fogg, eat your heart out! :D

- Lime

• Nambo
    Nambo

I was given to my Grandparents at 18 months, Grandad was the nicest bloke Ive ever met, certainly the only member of family I ever had that was nice to me.

He died when I was in Childrens Home at age 5.

Now mother gave me his gold watch, I cannot remember the make, what I can remember is the mechanical facination I had that caused me to take it apart at age 5 or 6, and of course I couldnt work out how to put it back together, all those cogs and that coiled spring.

I have felt sick about this all my life because it would have been the only tangible connection with the only Human I ever Loved.

I must have been born to be a mechanic however, when I grew up I joined the Royal Navy as a Helicopter Mechanic.

The watch I most use now I won for 50 pence on e-Bay and it came from Hong Kong, funnt thing is, it keeps better time than my Rotary.

• chichimama_2
    chichimama_2

We love watches!

My husband is a woodworker so I bought this beautiful natural Sandalwood Tense watch for him last year.

The Tense website has tons of beautiful watches.

https://tensewatch.com/

Edit:Photo posted great.

Now if I could just figure out how to get a link to be clickable!

AKA

Ranchette

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

I love the Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Super Chrono Titanium

• avishai
    avishai

It looks more scratched than it is, dang flash. Nice Citizen automatic, I'd probably take offers if anybody was interested, it sure is pretty

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I could have sworn the title of this thread was ripped from the pages of Awake!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Ohhhhhhhhhhh Damn im in love!!! What u wannfor it?

That wooden watch is fabulus btw!!! I love it!!!

• avishai
    avishai

I'll send you a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit