Watches: mens mechanical facination

by elderelite 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• JRK
    JRK

I too have a fascination with watches.

My dream watch would be a Vacheron Constantin 18K.

I do have a nice gold TAG Heuer 3000, a Movado Museum, a Kienzle Titanium Chronograph, a gold Buliva that I had restored (30's). and a diamond Wittenauer.

JK

• minimus
    minimus

I wear an 18k presidential Rolex and love it. I used to wear Black faced titanium Movados but the Rolex is better, I think.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Like one of these EE?

Tissot

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

A friend of mine had his Movado watch stolen...

... while he was doing temp work at Bethel.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have two watches right now - a Movado chronograph, and an antique 1950s moving face Longines.

The Movado is fairly new - it replaced an older Movado chronograph that I bought in 1967. The new one, in my honest opinion, is junk compared to the old original. Movado has been bought by a conglomerate and is just not the same as it was.

I keep thinking that I might want a Breitling Navitimer to replace it, but then I am not into this hard enough to spend $10,000.

• darthfader
    darthfader

It's nice to see all the homages to the Watchmaker (blessed be he who makes things tick). I don't a actually have a PP, I just worthip them, they way the Watchmaker intended it.

I used to have an older Seiko with a black dial and 3 little yellow dials (I don't remember what they were for - I think one was the alarm).

Funny thing I remember my Dad getting one of the first digital watches. On one fo the first nights he had it, he wore it to bed. With the red glowing display he moved his arm late one night and scared the hell out of my step mother -- who jumped out of bed yelling demons!! (true story)...

cheers!

• avishai
    avishai

Ha!! In that bag o' watches are two old Texas instruments LED watches, they're worth quite a bit if i can get them running. I do a lot of garage saling so if there's anything specific, lemme know.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I haven't owned a watch for many years but I plan to get one in the next twelve months. My dream watch would be a rose gold one. I have an unending fascination for all things rose gold. I love watches and will be glad to own one again. Maybe I will get a combination analog/digital one so I can keep track of time in different time zones. I do that with Fox Clocks on my computer and I think that's really cool.

But I also love clocks. I own several--one of them an antique Gilbert--and will probably collect more before all is said and done. I'm waiting until I get reestablished permanently in a residence before I get what I really want: a grandfather clock. That would be really, really sweet.

Quendi

• Quendi
    Quendi

I also want to own a good pocket watch! I'll certainly keep my eyes open for one of those. Can anyone suggest a good jeweler/dealer who carries a line of them?

Quendi

• avishai
    avishai

Just got an old Mickey mouse lorus going for my niece, now on to the seiko's,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit