Watches: mens mechanical facination

by elderelite 62 Replies latest social entertainment

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lots of guys have a mechanical facination, be it cars or building things or one of a hundred other ways. One area in particular is watches. I have a few that i love.. A personal fav is my tissot sea star 1000. Cant post a pic atm but its an awesome watch...

How bout you guys and gals... Watch fans? If so what catches your eye...?

• darthfader
    darthfader

EE, watches are all very complicated... but:

For worship, I choose Patek Phillippe. For every other occasion, I chose the divinely inspired clock app on my phone.

Cheers!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol i LOVE patek but since they cost more than my house i dont actually have one

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

As it happens I too have a rather nice Tissot watch. It doesn't have a name, just says Tissot 1853. I've had it for about ten years. I collected it from the jewellers this week as the two spring pins on the bracelet had to be replace. Now I know you are not interested in all that but it gets better.

The very attractive woman who works there has my account details and has started calling me by my first name. She has been increasingly friendly on the occasions I do business with her. No, no, not that sort of business. Anyway she told me that she can tell a lot about a man by the watch he wears, and made a big fuss about putting it my wrist, like I can’t do that for myself. She thinks the watch suits me because I have strong hands. Ooh!

I would have asked her to tell me more about her theory over lunch but I have a feeling that my wife would not understand.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Sweet glad! Id love to see a pic of it... When i get home i will post some of mine

I will refrain from commenting on the rest for fear NC will call me a "piglett" again

• Room 215
    Room 215

I have two Pateks, bought many years ago, when prices were within reach of my budget....

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I don’t have a photo, though I could take one but I am not very good at posting pictures yet. On the back it says G470/570 in tiny print. It was less than £200 ten years ago in the UK. Has never gone wrong. I have never seen another like it in a Tissot window since. I goggled the model number and there is an identical pre owned one eBay for 184.79 Australian dollars. Plus postage. Stainless steel with a black face. I was advised to go for Tissot because they are very reasonably priced for a quality watch.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby is a total watch freak. He's been put on restriction. No more watches this year. But he can look at them, showed me about five beauties on his tablet last night in a Robb's magazine.

• avishai
    avishai

Funny, I've just aquired a bunch of watches and parts at a garage sale, though not as nice as a tissot or a patek (love those) I did get a few nice seiko dress watches, a good looking bulova mariner, a beutiful citizen automatic and several very cool vintage watches. All for about 10 bucks. Some work, some don't so I'm doing what repairs i can on my own.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Lol .... If my wife talked to me she would ban me too :D

That looks like a production run glad... U own number 470 out of 570 sweet! tissot are indeed fabulous watches. Every bit the quality of rolex of other big names.

And gawd am i jealous of anyone who owns a patek :-P

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit