For Immediate Release JW-MEDIA.org post response to child sex abuse verdict

by BlindersOff1 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

http://www.jw-media.org/usa/20120620.htm

Just plain old corporate denial. Let the games begin.

If you don't want to be tracked as coming from this site to JW-MEDIA just cut and paste the link above into your browser directly

• avishai
    avishai

JR Clown has about as much credibility as Dick Cheney.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, commented:
    “The fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts is well-known..

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6285930_f260.jpg

Thats my story and I`m Sticking to it..

Although the JW Kids below Died for a Good Reason..

It was Great Advertising for the WBT$!!..

http://watchtowerlawsuit.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/webassets/May221994Awake.gif

...................... ...OUTLAW

• yknot
    yknot

This is where we need more victims and their families to speak up about the bullying they received to keep quiet.....

Appealing can be a dangerous venue if enough come forward

• Dagney
    Dagney

Their own words in the depositions tell a different tale.

Yes, let the games begin.

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

The jury rendered a multimillion-dollar damage award to a woman who claimed that she was molested as a child by a member of a local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At trial, the plaintiff claimed that the policies of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society contributed to the alleged abuse.

they use the word "claimed" in such a way that it suggests she was lying and that this part of the case was not proven.

take out the word "claimed" and replace it with PROVED. then the sentences are honest.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarking)

JR Brown =

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, commented: “The fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts is well-known.

When the WTBTS prints Theocratic Warfare Strategy statemens like the above, I wish that more reporters would ask J.R. Brown and other WTBTS representatives the following questions that I asked Laurie Goodstein, NY Times religious reporter, to ask in the thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/227219/1/16-hours-ago-NYTimes-carried-the-AP-story-about-Candace:

• Does the Watchtower promote to Jehovah’s Witnesses to not bring reproach on the Watchtower Organization?

• Does the Watchtower promote that Jehovah’s Witnesses are to shun members and former members as if they are dead if they bring reproach on the Watchtower?

• Would Ms. Conti’s suit against the Watchtower be considered as bringing reproach on the Watchtower?

• If Jehovah’s Witnesses hate child abuse, how can the Watchtower justify promoting shunning of Jehovah’s Witnesses and former Witnesses because of reporting child abuse?

• How does the Watchtower effectively protect children from child molesters?

• If most behavioral scientists agree that child molestation cannot be cured, how come the Watchtower does not implement more effective child protection policies than just requiring that child molesters be repentant?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is so disgusting. Their hypocrisy is appalling. I am so angry at these fuckers I can't put it into words.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

They must have been very busy answering phone calls regarding this since in 07 it took them several months before they posted anything regarding child abuse.

When one looks at their "very aggressive policy" one notices that elders deal with this first and foremost which obviously is not their field of expertise nor are they trained for this. Now, how long does it take to meet with the accused and who may deny? Get another meeting to get the victim in the same room. Now if unfortunate victim doesn't have a second witness to the crime, too bad for them. Ok this may take days if not weeks to get accomplished.

"If However, even if the elders cannot take congregational action, they are expected to report the allegation to the branch office of Jehovah's Witnesses in their country, if local privacy laws permit. In addition to making a report to the branch office, the elders may be required by law to report even uncorroborated or unsubstantiated allegations to the authorities. If so, the elders receive proper legal direction to ensure that they comply with the law. Additionally, the victim or anyone else who has knowledge of the allegation may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so."

1. WTF!!! When did that ever stop them from reporting to the mother? If anyone has ever heard of this taking place I would like to know about it.

2. Elders will report to authorities if they have to and are told by their lawyers to do so, otherwise they keep their mouth shut!!!

3. They can tell the victim they may report this to the authorities but "you know, this will bring reproach on God's organization and you know how Satan loves to reproach God's name. So if you must go ahead and report." ;)

Then they give an example when a pedophile may be allowed to be appointed, but it's funny they use an 18 year old having sex with a 15 year old, obviously it wouldn't sound good if they used a 30 year old having sex with a 9 year or and be allowed to be MS few years later.

"This is the first time that an organization was found responsible for the alleged misdeeds of a member who held no position of leadership or authority"

It's odd that the elders knew about Kendricks for some time, didn't tell the authorities nor its members, didn't kick the guy out and wts claims they're not responsible even though they advised the elders what to do. If there was a hell, I would wish they all would go there. Any PR man that can stand there and claim innocence is a disgusting, repulsive human being!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit