For Immediate Release JW-MEDIA.org post response to child sex abuse verdict

by BlindersOff1 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

JR Brown ... does he believe what he says? what a spin this guy always has to put out there, surprising he doesn't wake up ... or maybe he is awake and is just plain evil.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Quoted Article, my comments in italics:

NEW YORK—Jehovah’s Witnesses will appeal the decision of a California jury in a court case involving alleged acts of child abuse [Wait, I thought the abuser confessed...].

The jury rendered a multimillion-dollar damage award to a woman who claimed [I thought the abuser confessed... she didn't have to claim abuse, the abuser confessed.] that she was molested as a child by a member of a local congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses. At trial, the plaintiff claimed that the policies of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society contributed to the alleged abuse. “We respectfully disagree with the jury’s decision. This is the first time that an organization was found responsible for the alleged misdeeds [The guy effin confessed!!] of a member who held no position of leadership or authority,” states James McCabe, an attorney representing Watchtower in the case. “We are very sorry for whatever harm this young lady may have [Holy hell, "may have?" - the guy confessed!] suffered. However, the organization is not responsible. We now look to the Court of Appeals for a thorough review of this case.”

J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses, commented: “The fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts is well-known. The individual members of any organization must ultimately bear the responsibility for their own actions, particularly when the acts are so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society.”

MeanMrMustard

• Cacky
    Cacky

If someone was implying MSNBC used the word "alleged," it's because news organizations have to use that word until someone has been criminally convicted of the crime under discussion, or they could get sued big time.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@All,

Perhaps I've just skipped over too many details of this lawsuit - I thought the big problem here was that J. Kendrick made a confession to the elders, and it was still buried. Is this true?

MMM

• Quendi
    Quendi

Like 00DAD, I am now ashamed that I was ever affiliated with this cult in any shape, form or fashion. The official reaction from the Society has only strengthened my resolve to never darken the doorstep of a kingdom hall or any other meeting place of Jehovah's Witnesses for as long as I live.

I sincerely hope that the words of Hosea 8:4, 7 come true in the WTS's case: "They themselves have set up kings, but not because of me. They have set up princes, but I did not know it. With their silver and their gold they have made for themselves idols, to the end that they may be cut off. For it is wind that they keep sowing, and a storm wind is what they will reap."

I expect that the WTS will appeal all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States if it must to get this verdict overturned. They will hope that SCOTUS will uphold their aiding and abetting of child molesters in the name of religious freedom. But they are in for a big shock. They won't prevail this time; and when they ultimately fail then I hope we'll see the barbarians storm their gates, breach their walls and overrun their citadel. Rank-and-file Witnesses may not think much of this case, but I believe legal experts across the United States are watching very carefully; and when all the appeals are exhausted and the verdict and awards are upheld, I hope we will see many more lawsuits launched. If that happens, then I think we'll finally see the end of this execrable cult and on that day I'll rejoice--and I won't be alone.

Quendi

• snowbird
    snowbird

QUENDI!!!

Go tell it on the mountain, Bro.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know if he confessed about molesting Conti, but I read that he did confess about molesting his stepdaugher, (for which he was convicted) before he even moved to the congregation that Conti was attending. So the elders in both congregations and the society knew that he was a child molester. Yet the organization did nothing to keep him away from children in the congregation and the public at large while he was engaged in field service. Therefore the Watch Tower is responsible for his actions.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know if he confessed about molesting Conti, but I read that he did confess about molesting his stepdaugher, (for which he was convicted) before he even moved to the congregation that Conti was attending. So the elders in both congregations and the society knew that he was a child molester. Yet the organization did nothing to keep him away from children in the congregation and the public at large while he was engaged in field service. Therefore the Watch Tower is responsible for his actions.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Notice that the 'responce' doesn't actually comment on any of the reasons why the Watchtower got spanked.

The "BIG NEWS" ..... of course ..... the only news worthy of any pics and fancy stuff ..... of course ..... was conveniently posted at the same time to push this news release down the page and minimise it.

• cedars
    cedars

Evasion, denial, more evasion, more denial, blah blah blah.

The fact that the "response" is so short and doesn't answer any of the direct details of the case pertaining to secrecy and failure to notify parents says it all.

Assholes.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit