For Immediate Release JW-MEDIA.org post response to child sex abuse verdict

by BlindersOff1 68 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DT
    DT

I like the way they will condemn the entire nations of North Korea, Afghanistan and Somalia for what some have done because of "community responsibility", but be unwilling to take any responsibility for their member's actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmnZ4nxspA

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Of course the JW Pedophile is in Good Standing with the WBT$..

And..

Goes to one of our Kingdom Halls..

It`s not like Mr.Kendrick said anything Bad about the Watchtower..

All Mr.Kendrick did was..

Sexually Molest a Little Girl..

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6285930_f260.jpg

JR Brown

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"This is the first time that an organization was found responsible for the alleged misdeeds of a member who held no position of leadership or authority"

Rubbish

Charlie Manson is still locked up for murders committed by his followers. If you let the Watchtower off, you're going to have to let Charlie out with an apology.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Sooo - was this guy an active publisher. If so was he not a minister representing the society. If so can they honestly use the statement "of a member who held no position of leadership or authority"?

• blondie
    blondie

Pretty much the legal response in many abuse cases involving religions and other organizations. The WTS thinks jws should be willing to sacrifice for the good name of the WTS. Remember when the WTS promises its members life eternal on earth, it is only "as a group." Individuals count for nothing

But it is not over yet. But will the WTS admit they are wrong; I think it is unlikely. It took thousands walking out the door between 1975 and 1980 before even a carefully worded statement of responsibility was made by the WTS. The case has gotten this far and the people involved do not have anything invested in the WTS good opinion of them.

*** w80 3/15 pp. 17-18 par. 6 Choosing the Best Way of Life ***

In saying “anyone,” The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.

• DJPoetech
    DJPoetech

Ok... just got pissed!!

"The individual members of any organization must ultimately bear the responsibility for their own actions, particularly when the acts are so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society."

The suggestion that they have nothing to do with an individuals decision is sickening. Its double speak. I was flippin baptised not in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit... but in recognition of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses... Your individuality is washed off of you in your baptism. You come up out of the water, not a son of God, but a flippin cult member.

If that ain't a guilt trip placed upon your very soul, I don't know what is!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Their deliberate use of WEASEL WORDS (claimed, alleged, may have suffered) is just disgusting.

The WTBTS is run by a bunch of heartless fuckers.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"The individual members of any organization must ultimately bear the responsibility for their own actions, particularly when the acts are so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society."

What a bunch of self-righteous, hypocritical, pontificating bastards. They're such posers. This "Press Release" is obviously just "damage control" for the "Rank & File" dubs. Anyone with half-a-brain that's followed this case with even casual objectivity can see through this for the complete bullshit propaganda that it is.

That part about the "individual members" includes of the Governing Body and the entire legal department. I want them to take responsibility "for their own actions", actions which are "so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society" and anyone with a conscience. I want them to quit hiding what they are. I want them to step down and accept the "discipline from Jehovah" and be disfellowshipped for their outrageous, atrocious sins.

They are nothing but a bunch of fucking cowards. I am so ashamed that I was ever part of this religion.

Because of the hypocrisy, lies and lack of taking responsibility of the leadership of the WTBTS, primarily those that claim to be the Governing Body, I have completely lost faith in God. They have completely destroyed my faith. However, in a case like this, I still hope he exists and I hope he is watching. Why? Because ...

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of [the] living God. - Hebrews 10:31

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JR Clown: "The fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts is well-known."

Actually, it's well-know that Jehovah's Witnesses don't abhor child abuse enough to actually call the police. Standard procedure is for elders to call WT Legal Department FIRST. And that's why WT deserves to be sued for tens or millions of dollars for each case where they've failed to notify the police.

This abuser might have been a "member who held no position of leadership or authority," however WT also claims that they have no clergy, that they are all "brothers and sisters". Sort of like they're trying to make this a "no fault" organization where nobody's to blame for the massive injustices that regularly occur. In fact, if this abuser had not been one of JWs, the elders would have been ready to immediately call the police to investigate and have a 'worldly' person tried and convicted. However, they chose to protect him. Further, if this was a baptized publisher, he would have been considered "an ordained minister of Jehovah's Witnesses." He was, in fact, a JW minister going from door-to-door peddling the WT message, that would indeed have been a position of WT authority by onlookers.

• bobld
    bobld

I agree with Billy the ex-bethelite

He is a "Ordained minister of Jehovah's Witnesses"

Just like a Roman Catholic priest is "Ordained minister.

How many are/will be baptised at this years district conventions will be called "You are now an Ordained minister of Jehovah's Witnesses"

That to me is a position in the cong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit