Do you try to "shape up" for Summer?

by Open mind 60 Replies latest social physical

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good stuff cofty! BTW, what do you coach?

@ lovesholiday: It's an honor to have your first post on my thread. Welcome to JWN!

om

• lovesholiday
    lovesholiday

Glad to be here and share

• cofty
    cofty

Football - aka Soccer but that's not a word we use this side of the pond :)

lovesholiday - welcome!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Great advice Cofty

The best "diet" is the one you dont know you're on......I upped my fruit and veg, cut out the processed crap, ate little and often (every 3 hours) instead of 3 big meals, and took up a bit of gentle exercise.....bingo....lost 24lb in a few monthes without even trying.

Of course, the raging hormones once a month drive me to the chip shop......but I realise it doesn't mean failure, just a little hiccup.

Moderation and balance are my new buzz words. (and extra large doner with coleslaw and chilli sauce, large fries, and garlic bread....are not. )

• cofty
    cofty

Pams Girl - Well done. You are spot on. The psychological aspect of weight loss is really important. It takes a very long time to get significantly over-weight, its going to take a while to get back in shape. Treat yourself occasionally and don't beat yourself up for setbacks.

• Open mind
    Open mind

cofty: So what do you think of the New York Giants 2012 Super Bowl "World Champions" football ring?

There are many things about the USA that I admire, but this is a classic "AMERICA! F*CK YEAH!!!" moment. (Open Mind goes into corner to perform a face palm.)

om

• talesin
    talesin

Eat breakfast but avoid sugary cereals. Hi GI foods cause a spike in blood glucose, your body then releases insulin which drops your blood sugar lower than it was previously - rinse and repeat. Try low GI foods like porridge, and complex carbs. Never fast, it will trigger a drop in metabolic rate as your body prepares for famine. Eat smaller portions often. Don't diet, aim instead for a sustainable change in lifestyle.

Take a pound of butter from the fridge and imagine having that amount removed from your body every week. Not a bad goal is it?

Cofty,, please explain what you mean by GI foods .. I get it. but many would have no clue ... BEANS!

xo

tal

• Open mind
    Open mind

pam's girl: "The best "diet" is the one you dont know you're on..."

om

• cofty
    cofty

World Champions? Isn't the USA the only place that weird game is played?

In football (soccer) terms American football is a series of "set-pieces". Soccer is about creative open-play. Its like comparing a radio jingle to Mozart.

(Cofty puts on body armour)

• talesin
    talesin

Pam's girl --- YES!

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit