• snowbird
  • Glander
    Glander

Ride 'em, cowboy!

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL.

Glander, you're on a roll, aren't you?

Blueblades, please forgive us for such levity.

We're in no way undermining the gravity of your situation.

• Glander
    Glander

when you undermine gravity you tend to get levity.

Blueblades, we are pulling for you.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I know this must be scary for you, but it's as routine as having morning coffee for the doctors involved. Just think of that when you start to feel anxious. Sending good thoughts your way.

Edited to add: The time to feel anxious is if you start mooing, LOL! Hey, here are wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Hello, Blueblades!

Best wishes to you

• Giordano
    Giordano

My valve has been going strong since 1985. This is a common operation as you know with a very low morality rate people in the 80's regually get this proceedure. I had to have the metal valve so blood thinners back then they were having problems with the tissue valve so no choice.

You'll come through this but just remember to give yourself time for healing think of it like tacking a sailboat you don't always get to go straight ahead every day...... sometimes you take a step back or move to the side or stand still. But eventually you'll come out on the other side stronger and better.

Best of luck. P.S. don't panic when you wake up and your breathing through a tube (if they still do it that way) lay there calm and you'll feel a refreshing puff of air that and my 1985 morphine drip took the edge off.

I was in the hospital for 8 days lets see you break that record. Full report.

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

I was diagnosed with Aortic Stenosis at age 8 and had open-heart surgery in 1999. I have a allograf or homo graft, which is an aortic valve from a cadaver. My surgery was performed in Florida Hospital, Orlando, FL by Dr. Carey Stowe.

So far so good.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit