Aortic Stenosis

by Mall Cop 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Eight years ago before Simon changed over to this site, I was known as Blueblades. I mentioned back then 7/21/03 that I was diagnosed as having a narrow aortic valve. Well, the time has come to update all my friends back then and now. I will be having open heart surgery this thursday 6/21/12. I am getting a new valve, it will be a tissue Bovine valve ( cow ). It supposed to last from 10 to 15 years. I'm 67 now.

• Scully
    Scully

Hope it goes well!

I was just wondering what had happened to you (blueblades) the other day. Thanks for the update.

• tresdecu
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

just sent you a PM

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Mall Cop, sorry to hear you are having health problems. Glad to see you are getting a Bovine valve. That means you will not have to be on blood thinning medication such as coumadin. My brother in law has had a mental valve for over 25 years and has not had any problems. Hope everything goes well with you. Isn't great to have surgeries that can help us with our problems. I had a brain aneurysm in 1997.It was repaired by going through my femoral artey and into my brain where they repaired it with platinum coils. I have not had any problems since them. I will be thinking of you on Thrusday. Keep us informed on your progress.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nice to hear from you Blueblades. I really enjoyed your older posts under your former moniker.

I wish you a successful surgery and recovery.

om

• AGuest
    AGuest

I have thought of you often, dear Blueblades (the greatest of love and peace to you!). May all go well with you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• designs
  • talesin
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit