Rick Fearon's interview with attorney Rick Simons and Barbara Anderson is now up on 6 Screens

by ScenicViewer 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

1. Was there a duty to protect Candace from somebody who was not an elder

No doubt at the appeal the WT Society will claim that the perpetrator was a rank-and-file member with no responsibility. My comment is that he was a 'minister' by the Society's own definition. In the 50's, they went to great length to assert in court that all members are ministers, and there is not clergy. The main reason for this stand was to support their military exemption in the US. I have a feeling that stand will come back to haunt them is they try to argue that this person is not a minister.

• sf
    sf

Our Search For Truth and Justice by Richard Rawe:

http://www.xjw.com/rawe-df.html

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I would expect the Watchtower to appeal. $2.8 million is a low price to pay, in order to try to get out of an important precedent that could open a flood of new $28 milllion dollar cases.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I would expect the Watchtower to appeal. $2.8 million is a low price to pay, in order to try to get out of an important precedent that could open a flood of new $28 milllion dollar cases.

This is where I'm confused. In the news article, 60% was owed by the molester which leaves 40%

So what would the Watchtower's final number be,

40% of 7,000,000 with the WT oweing the other 21,000,000. Or

40% of 28,000,000

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

From other posts I understand that Watchtower will pay 40% of the compensatory damages, and all of the punitive damages.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Did Candice's attorney say what the most damning evidence was, the closed holes the maggots were unable to wiggle through? God Bless You Candice and Thank You Rick for the interview!

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks slimboyfat - I was offering my opinion as a first-time listener, and yes, I did suspect that there may be medical reasons behind the slurred speech. I'm not completely insensitive as you seem to suggest in your typical sniping comment.

Notwithstanding Richard's stroke, it does no favours to the program itself for him to keep interjecting, nobody can deny that. I'm not saying people with strokes should "shut up", I'm merely suggesting that it detracts from the flow of the broadcast for him to constantly interject without introduction. This doesn't detract in any way from Richard Rawe personally or the tremendous amount of work I'm sure he has done for the cause. We all have our limitations, myself included.

Again sbf, nice work. You're on a roll aren't you!! Interesting how you're now defending the very program you were moaning about when it was initially announced. It's quite remarkable how you change your tune with the tide of popular opinion.

Over all, the program is very good. Evidently, I am barred from offering an honest appraisal as a first time listener.

Cedars

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The issue with the interjecting and talking across one another - it's a conference call - not as polished or as well structured as a radio talk show can be where there's somebody else in the background managing the callers and putting them through in a more orderly way. If someone wants to speak, they themselves press *1 and you get several doing so all at once - a little more chaotic. It is what it is, you just have to roll with it.

• cedars
    cedars

Nevermind AnnOMaly, I clearly can't express my opinion on this without coming across as insensitive. sbf will be rubbing his hands.

Cedars

[edit post: I noticed some commenters such as Barbara and (obviously) Rick Simons WERE introduced in advance by Rick Fearon. I think if Rick Fearon had done something similar with Richard Rawe to ask if he had any comments or questions it would have flowed more smoothly for those less aquianted with the programme.]

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hardly. I should seriously give up trying to save you from embarrassing yourself which meets with no grace whatever.

It seems to me Rick Frearon can rightly be criticised for many things, not least continuing the whole Johnny the bethelite charade. But ironically conducting his conference calls in an entertaining way is actually one thing he does rather well. So to criticise him on that score just seems bizarre.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit