Rick Fearon's interview with attorney Rick Simons and Barbara Anderson is now up on 6 Screens

by ScenicViewer 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Argh. Going to have to break off. BB L8R

• cofty
    cofty

1:42 The lawyer admits they WT have some legitimate issues to be explored at appeal.

1. Was there a duty to protect Candace from somebody who was not an elder

2. Was there a cse for punitive damages

3. Was the judge right to admit evidence from the previous victim

He said one of the elders was the first witness and his evasive style did the WT no favours.

There was a pre-trial settlement meeting as required by law but Candace was always determined to go to trial.

He seems realistic.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Attorney Rick Simons was on for about 45 min. Listening to him was a pleasure.

As to the upcoming appeals, he said he would much rather be on Candace Coti's side than Wathtower's. Is that the requisite posturing of an attorney? We'll see. We'll probably be following this for years to come.

• cedars
    cedars

I have to say I squirm at times while listening to this. I'm up to 01:11:29 having listened from around 00:47:00 - the rest will have to wait until tomorrow.

This is actually the first "Six Screens" show I've listened to, so it's a completely new experience for me. If I were Rick Simons, I would think of the whole thing as rather quirky and amateurish. A few times Fearon was asking leading questions to try to get sensational answers, but Rick Simons was very honest throughout and told it like it was. There were a few cut outs when everything went silent mid-sentence. Then there's the old guy who keeps interjecting, who really does the show no favours IMO. However, Rick Simons struck me as very gracious and an utter professional throughout. He seems to keep his sense of humour, but also take everyone seriously and afford people dignity. He's clearly an all-round nice chap, and it was a pleasure to hear him speak and give us the benefit of his experience in this important matter.

Cedars

• Diest
    Diest

Fearon sounds like he is from 1940s radio. I kind of like it...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Then there's the old guy who keeps interjecting, who really does the show no favours IMO.

As has been mentioned on another thread, that is Richard Rawe, a long time opponent of the Watchtower who has made significant contributions to our knowledge of Watchtower history. (See references in Penton's Apocalypse Delayed) His speech has been affected by a recent stroke.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Hello Cedars,

"There were a few cut outs when everything went silent mid-sentence."

Unfortunately there were about 5 or 6 of those from the beginning of the broadcast until Simons' segment ended. Some sort a a technical glitch, as Rick Fearon kept saying.

"Then there's the old guy who keeps interjecting."

That was Richard Rawe, a long-time fighter of Watchtower injustice . Today I read that he was disfellowshipped in 1975. His harsh sounding voice is an after effect of a stroke.

Edit. Slimboyfat, you beat me to the Richard Rawe part. Thanks for the Apocalypse Delayed information .

• cofty
    cofty

I have to say Rick F did a good show. If only .....

• snowbird
    snowbird

Richard Rawe and Ron Frye were fighting the good fight against the WT long before social media outlets became as common as sneezing.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Richard Rawe's story i found to be incredible. i forget where i read it, probably on freeminds. i have the utmost respect for Richard, just not the company he keeps.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit