Watchtower sends Cease and Desist order on SPARLOCK items!

by sacolton 61 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Just got notice that all SPARLOCK t-shirts, cups, bags, etc. will be pulled from my shop. Watchtower Corp. has filed a complaint to CafePress on all SPARLOCK items. Here is the e-mail:

" We recently learned that your CafePress account contains material which may not be in compliance with our policies. Specifically, designing, manufacturing, marketing and/or selling products that may infringe the rights of a third party, including, copyrights (e.g.,an image of a television cartoon character), trademarks (e.g., the logo of a company),"rights in gross" (e.g., the exclusive right of the U.S. Olympic Committee to use the "Olympic Rings"), and rights of privacy and publicity (e.g., a photo of a celebrity) are prohibited."

Highlighted were all SPARLOCK merchandise.

I will keep the shop open as long as possible. All Sparlock items will soon be collector's items! If you placed an order, it will be sent to you. If you want any Sparlock items, don't wait! They may pull it soon! It was fun while it lasted!

http://www.cafepress.com/XJWTEES

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How about a new line of "Candice Conti"? Will she let you use her name?

• baltar447
    baltar447

holy shit! bastards!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

That's proof they monitor this site.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I never doubted it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Governing Body. I hope you get SUED into oblivion.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"...products that may infringe the rights of a third party, including, copyrights (e.g.,an image of a television cartoon character), trademarks (e.g., the logo of a company),"rights in gross" (e.g., the exclusive right of the U.S. Olympic Committee to use the "Olympic Rings"), and rights of privacy and publicity (e.g., a photo of a celebrity) are prohibited."

Whoever filed a complaint ought to come forward with more evidence than their simple claim. Will WT next sue livestock for producing bullsh!t because Watchtower produces it worldwide in hundreds of languages? Sparlock is hardly a television cartoon character, company logo, the Olympic rings, or a celebrity.

Or perhaps, it really is Watchtowers game plan to rename themselves Sparlocktower in order to avoid those pesky pedophile lawsuits.

• darthfader
    darthfader

I just ordered 2 shirts... I hope they make it in/out. Thanks!!

• Fernando
    Fernando

So the Watchtower OWNS and TRADES with wicked and evil Sparlock?!

Will they be claiming OWNERSHIP and TRADING rights of Paedophiliaâ„¢ next?

• Diest
    Diest

You might talk to the ACLU about fair use. To me the shirt is designed as parody and protected under freedom of speech. I might be wrong....but worth a try. Granted this is a small time case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit