Baby Ospreys

by palmtree67 100 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

If I'm not mistaken, the sitting one seems to be feeding the chick by regurgitation.

• talesin
    talesin

Glander - I have not caught a feeding yet. THe male just brought back a fish, and the female had a good snack - she's sitting again now, and I'm waiting to see if she regurgitates. THe little one was looking for food, and I was wondering the same thing. Something from memory (school) is telling me yes on the regurgitation.

I haven't seen any writings by the biologist re this. The WA fledglngs are being fed bits of fish, but I didn't start watching that nest till last week, so they were already several days old.

t

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The biologist on there - Jane - says no regurgitation. They feed them tiny strips of fish flesh.

I was guessing regurgitation, too.....

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Apparently, the baby eats the egg sack just before it hatches, so it has some reserves as well.

• talesin
    talesin

I couldn't find that, after looking again last nite,,, thanks, Palm!

:))

Note: today, 54 viewers! it's not been up to 30 since I started this back in early May,, welcome JWN!

• Glander
    Glander

she acts concerned about the egg, moving it around, etc. junior looks to be doing fine...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Grabbed this screenshot a few minutes back.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I saw that little open beak, too Chris!

So cute!

( Wow....155 viewers )

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My browser crashed this morning while there were 68 viewers. When I got back on, mum was off the nest and number of viewers had skyrocketed.

I have had my own private 'nest cam' in the past. I might do it again this spring.

• Glander
    Glander

It appears the second egg is not viable? Any hope?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit