Baby Ospreys

by palmtree67 100 Replies latest jw friends

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Oh, I love Baby Osprey!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

SBC that terrible . . . FUNNY, but terrible.

I'll take my baby osprey with stuffing and mash potatoes thank you !

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Apparently, they re-arrange the twigs to keep the babies from falling out of the nest.

The Sandpoint daddy just arrived back with some fishes.

• talesin
    talesin

Right now, both parents there with the nestlings ----

http://wdfw.wa.gov/wildwatch/ospreycam/video.html

• talesin
    talesin

This is the WA site, ,, the Sandpoint mama is still sitting ... hoping for a hatch this weekend.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

sbc and shirley --- you too funny!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

xo

tal

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The Sandpoint mama is very restless today......maybe they will hatch soon.....

• talesin
    talesin

Palm, it looks like the egg has hatched! And I missed it .. :( Had a little fiasco with a burned hand, so I was offline for a couple hours -- day-yum!

We weren't expecting the first egg to hatch, and one is good. The biologist said that, since the parents left the first egg alone a few weeks ago, it probably wasn't viable, and when she laid the second, that was the one that had a possibility of living. It means the chances of survival go way up. Isn't it something, to see these parents' devotion to each other, and to their chick? Didja know that ospreys mate for life, like swans?

:D

Thanks for following it with me, sweetie. :)

xo

tal

OH, DOH!! I was looking at the WA cam,,, she is still patiently sitting on the egg .... I hope it's not a dud. :( OY, I am such a mush!

• talesin
    talesin

I surely hope this egg produces; it will be difficult to see the heartbreak if it doesn't ----maybe a father's day hatching?

• elderelite
    elderelite

In raptors both parents are nessary for sucessful upbringing... If a female is left alone she struggles to provide for the young. If the male is left alone the chicks often starve because the males wont tear the food for the young... Raptors facinate me too :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit