Plaintiff awarded in punitive damages -21M & 1 dollar. Total award, 28M & 1 dollar. Here's more info

by AndersonsInfo 106 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Thank you Barbara.

I think that just having the 12 jurors (plus those on standby, and anyone else in the courtroom during the trial) exposed to this 'dark side' of the WTS is a good starting point. Like a small snowball rolled down a hill of snow, when they go home, they will relate their experiences as jurors, to family, friends, etc. Just think of the reaction that JWs will get the next time they go door-knocking and reach the homes of these jurors or their friends or family that they've told.

I hope that the 'good news' of this court ruling spreads to all the inhabited earth... for a witness... ha ha ha.

Again, Thank you Barbara. I know that you have been closely involved with this behind the scenes. Your work, and all involved is much appreciated.

If possible, pass word back to the plaintiff Candice, that we are all proud of her for going through this courtroom ordeal. I know it was difficult for her to do. I hope that she is doing well.

Regards,

Jim TX

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

To all involved, our sincerest thanks for your bravery, hard work, and dedication. This will be a big hit for the Society from a financial, public relations and trust point of view. This may well be the thing that motivates many more to front up and let the Society know that they cannot get away with their lies, cannot cover up these horrid crimes, and bear heavy responsibility for their actions. It may cause many to finally question the legitimacy of these so-called mouthpieces of God.

Love, peace and hugs to all.

Mr and Mrs Smith

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks to Barbara Anderson, Bill Bowen, and all others who do so much to expose WT.

Candace Conti's picture is on SilentLambs website - a pretty, genuine, brave soul.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Thank you so much Barbara for all of your information.

It is like a relief to know that this is finally getting out into the public. I am so happy for Ms. Candice.

I hope that Jim_TX is right and this will be like a snowball rolling down a hill.

I am so thankful to you for all you have done to expose this. Dateline in 2002, NBC in 2007 and now! Ten years and counting.

All of your hard work is truly showing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

LITS

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I recall a quote from one of the GB members around the time Barb Anderson and Bill Bowen tried to get the WT to change it's horrific policies, both the 2 witness rule and keeping congregation members from knowing of past sexual abuse convictions:

He said: "We don't change for any man."

If he is alive, he may be regretting those words.

KUDOS Barb. I know you would have preferred, like Candace Conti, to just see the policy changed.

If this jaw dropping verdict gets that done, more the better.

P

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Wow!!!!!!! just Wow!!!!!!

Coffee

• sir82
    sir82

The court documents indicate that the $28 million is to come from the following sources;

Kendrick (perpetrator) 60% = $16.8 million

WTB&TS of NY 27% = $7.56 million

Fremont congregation of JW 13% = $3.64 million.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm assuming Kendrick (perp) being a 'private individual' won't be finding $16Million down the back of his sofa. How does this work? Kendrick is an 'agent' of the WT (in this case), so will the WT be liable for his 'portion'?

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

He said: "We don't change for any man."

have it your way, you will simply be sued to death until you either change your policy or no longer exist.

• mP
    mP

Jehovah compensates the poor and weak in mysterious ways...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit