If you never have used the internet, would you have returned to the borg or stay in the organization?

by Iamallcool 47 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I think it would have taken longer, but without the Internet, I would have found my way out.

I had a word processor when that was what a computer was. I used software on the Bible. When Internet was young, I did get it. I always used technology to aid me as a JW elder, but I also used the library and regular books to look up things.

Sooner or later, I would have read CoC.

• dog is god
    dog is god

I left b4 the internet but had loads of guilt. I read Franz' C of C and could not believe how badly he was treated and how little money he got to go out with no job skills or work history (no social security). I wouldn't treat a dog like that. This website really helped me to see so much deception.

• cofty
    cofty

Remind me please Cofty..? So many 'significant' dates, sheesh, I can't keep up.

The centenary of 1914. If many R&F JWs still think the generation of 1914 won't pass away its going to be a challenge to their confidence.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    The centenary of 1914. If many R&F JWs still think the generation of 1914 won't pass away its going to be a challenge to their confidence.

Cheers Cofty

...you've reminded me of where, in Genesis, it states/suggests that man will not live beyond 120 years. I've long expected 2034 to be (yet ANOTHER) significant date.

• cofty
    cofty

Yes I'm sure that will be the fall-back position for the desperate

• irondork
    irondork

I'm not sure.

I left still believing that it was God's hand-picked organization - gone astray. I only knew something was wrong without being able to put my finger on it. I never expected the tidal wave of information I discovered upon cracking open the internet.

I think I would have kept a watchful eye out for it to turn it's behavior around so I could return some day.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think I probably would have made a swifter exit without the Internet.

• yknot
    yknot

I would be a full-on uber uber uber reformist .....

Hailing the WTS as God's Org while lamenting the stupidity of this 'dumbing down'

Raising my children to be homeschooled uber little old-school theocrats, spreading that zeal and infecting other children as well.

Trying to do more, trying, trying, tyring.....

Ever viewing things with rose colored glasses, boundless optimism as if I was the engergizer bunny.

BECAUSE ALL OF IT WAS 'PROOF' THE END IS NIGH, JUST AROUND THE CORNER.....LIVING IN THE LAST DAYS!!!!!!l

It is only because of an accidental click onto JWN (then JWD) instead of the watchtower.org, Terry's comment that compelled me to return and information provided by many kind JWD members willing to share themselves, their pdf collections and time that I am awake and a member of the ever-growing conscious-class.

(big hug and thanks to Simon and all who held my hand as I slowly opened my eyes fully)

• Think About It
    Think About It

I left the JW Org. pre-internet (for me 1995), but still never would have returned. Back then it was just more of a gut instinct that the JW religion was all BS. Still there was always that feeling that it could be the Truth. Not until late 2009 did I stumble across this site and learned the TTATT. I was soon able to see that the religion was not "the Truth", but a ridiculous Cult.

Think About It

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

No. My last couple of years in the organization, I had the feeling that sometimes we were being called IDIOTS from the platform. Maybe I was more awake, or more fed up, but I could see it in neon lights sometimes. Without reading the experiences of others that walked the walk before me I would have felt more lonely in my struggle, but I don’t think I would have come back this time. I am very grateful to all those that post in this forum, I owe you a big part of my freedom, it would have been very difficult without you, so thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit