If you never have used the internet, would you have returned to the borg or stay in the organization?

by Iamallcool 47 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

Im with MidwichCuckoo, 100% my experience as well.

Id already left physically, couldnt stand anything JW. I definetely had doubts but still thought it was the true religion.

The internet set me free mentally. No more guilt and fear.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Thankfully for, well, me, I proved for myself that JWs are quite definitely wrong before I knew about any sites online that talk about them. So, no, I would not have returned to JW lies even without the Internet. Though I certainly did find additional ways in which JWs are wrong online.

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

It scares me a little, I think I would have still been a true-blue believer - without the internet.

I stumbled across this site while google-ing "one meeting night a week." I was so excited about this change, since the schedule was burning me out. I figured somebody somewhere was discussing it.

Echo Yknot: Thank you Simon and all the posters who have enlightened me!

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

What got me started on the internet was my doubts in the first place. I think I would have continued having doubts and been back and forth with myself had it not been for the internet. I would have never known about Ray Franz and his book and other publications. Overall, I believe I would still be in(mentally), even if only a little. While I am still physically in, mentally I am completely out.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

With what happened to me? no, I would be an infrequent visitor at best

• Giordano
    Giordano

My wife and I were out in our 20's back in the 1960's. Never went back. What made it possible was the Blood issue and Armageddon and the boredom of the meetings. When a high control group demands obedience even unto death (blood) and you come to a private decision that you could not accept that teaching for yourself and your family your pretty much out. It may take a little while but you have started the process.

Yank on One little string and it all falls apart. Thats how we did it before the internet.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I think I would have become a very depressed JW and not really known why. Maybe figuring it out much later in life.

• JWOP
    JWOP

I'm left wondering how long I would have remained in if it weren't for the Internet; the Internet is what opened my eyes to the UN scandal, and it just grew from there. Before this happened, I was a happy and devout JW. Without the Internet, who knows how much longer it would have taken for me to see the TRUTH. (if ever, shudder!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit