If you never have used the internet, would you have returned to the borg or stay in the organization?

by Iamallcool 47 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

In my case, no.

I left without the internet on my own accord. Never regretted it, and I don't think that I ever would return unless I suffer brain trauma. ;)

• Sobeit
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

try google chrome

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I would have never left if it wasn't for the internet. The internet allows all of us to gain so much knowledge without really putting forth much effort.

For those of us that were controlled by the organization.....just making a click or two on a forbidden website is hard enough. Imagine if I had to go to the library and actually go out of my way to research. Now.....I would do it....but back then....my society dictated conscience would have prevented me.

• cofty
    cofty

the problem is that most witnesses aren't aware of the "overlapping generation" nu light. They still think it's just that one generation that was alive during 1914. - 7"

I think that is good news. It means 2014 will be all the more significant.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I think that is good news. It means 2014 will be all the more significant.

Remind me please Cofty..? So many 'significant' dates, sheesh, I can't keep up.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I left long before the Internet.

• scotoma
    scotoma

I would have been disfellowshipped by now if it weren't for the internet. I have disagreed with more and more Watchtower teachings ever since 1971. If I couldn't talk to people on the internet about how I feel I would have talked too much in the congregation and would have been kicked out.

Every year since 1971 I had to add to my list of false teachings.

Currently I don't believe in a single thing that they teach other than common decency that all religions believe in.

I still go to a few meetings with my wife. I rationalize that she married me 40 years ago as a witness with certain expectation.

So I give her the dignity of having her husband sit next to her. My mind is elsewhere.

• Starr_Kachina
    Starr_Kachina

Had the internet been around in 1995/96 like it is now, it would have solidified my decision to STAY df'd and not return. However, I DID get reinstated in Dec. 2000 and I should have done some research prior to then. I was extremely brainwashed: my father, brother, uncle, brother-in-law are all elders. I finally walked away cold turkey in 2009. I didn't do any "research" until 2010 when I checked out COC from my library. It went from there. I JUST joined some ex-JW sites, such as this one and it's helpful to reach things that I didn't even know existed while I was growing up in the 80s and 90s. Since having left the WTS, I have changed so much (for the better). I am kinder, more patient, tolerant, loving, etc. I was a wicked bitch of a wife to my ex-husband that died almost 6 months ago because I was always trying to convert him... to save his life, of course!

I am with a wonderful person that loves me unconditionally ... something I had never experienced before. It is so amazing to be free!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I was never was attracted to or believed any of the so called "truth" I was just born into it, but the internet definitely opened my eyes to all the information about the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit