If you never have used the internet, would you have returned to the borg or stay in the organization?

by Iamallcool 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If I have never used the internet, I would probably return to the borg by now.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Nope. I left before the internet. However, I still felt guilt. Now I don't because of the internet. Of information I accidentally stumbled upon whilst searching for something entirely unrelated (doesn't God move in mysterious ways? lol). I was gobsmacked when I read about the WT's association with the UN (selling their collective soul for a library card, lol). Now I'm totally guilt free. Edited to add - The internet just reinforced why I left.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think I would have slowly left, very slowly, the Net stopped me wasting that time, and time is of value to an old fart like me.

I came to realise that 1914 was not in the Bible, so could not ,in all conscience, go DtoD and ask people to join an Org that taught this. I still attended Meetings hoping that the WT would have "New Light" and drop 1914, I did not realise they were powerless to do this, without it they are nothing.

I went on the Net, found many more people had seen through the 1914 tosh, and then began to discover the rest.

Without the Net I would have been in real danger of being sucked back in, which happened to me after a period of "inactivity" in the early eighties, if only the Net had been around then !

• sizemik
    sizemik

I had serious doubts before I sought answers on the net . . . but things certainly got wheels from there.

• cofty
    cofty

I was never online before I left and never read any book by "opposers". I studied the bible and WT publications especially old stuff written by Russell and Rutherford to see the evolution of WT doctrines.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I had dropped out way before the net

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    I went on the Net, found many more people had seen through the 1914 tosh, and then began to discover the rest.

How do the WT (and JWs) regard 1914 now..? Is it phased/phasing out..? I can't see as it serves any real purpose anymore. What is tragic is the amount of lives/livelihoods lost by putting their trust in this lie.

• RHodge6685
    RHodge6685

No, I decided to leave based on reading the Bible itself and the old Watchtower publications, plus I was depressed from the constant pressure to "do more" from the congregation. After I came to that decsion, then reading on the internet just confirmed it!

• James Brown
    James Brown

I left after Armegeddon failed in 1975 there was no internet.

• trebor
    trebor

No. The Watchtower Society's very own CD-ROM library did themselves in for me; very briefly:

Researching blood/medical advice.

Came across cannibalistic view on Organ Transplants and the flip-flop on it being okay. http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2008/11/in-questions-from-readers-section-in.html

Further health/medical digging, came across the Society's stance of women and rape. http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2008/11/what-would-watchtower-society-have.html

That was enough for me to know they weren't "it" any longer.

It being God's sole channel of communication of truth.

The internet just made finding other things out about them easier, but the organization shot itself in the foot plenty without the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit