Any reaction from active JW's about the Sparlock training video?

by UnConfused 46 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, interesting Sparlock thread

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Was the video put on YouTube by the WT or a JW or ExJW?

• sizemik
    sizemik

There's nothing new about the intent of the video . . . or the recommendations it makes. All that's new is this venture into animated instruction for kids . . . probably in an attempt to band-aid the hemorrhaging of born-ins.

On that score it's totally laughable . . . and it's not just apostates. The whole bloody world is laughing.

I guess Jahoover is going to be doing a lot of "ripping to pieces". The only pathetic hope they have of erasing their embarrasment.

Some of the apologist responses have cracked me up. It ranges from complete denial of the validity . . . to "I'm not a JW but ...." Then the writer goes on to use all the familiar jargon and arguments. Nobody wants to own it.

It's hilarious really . . . who ever said life after WT wasn't fun?

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Unconfused: I think that the original DVD postings on YouTubes were equally by current and ex-JWs. While they were still up, I counted at least eight different uploads and it seemed that the posters represented a pretty good mix of all of us.

JV

• sizemik
    sizemik

Actually . . . "Sparlock" is already a trademarked building system.

WTS may well have it's own copyright problems . . . www.sparlock.com

EDIT: I've flicked off a quick email to the Company, advising them of the WTS use of the name. Should be interesting.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Let me get this clear (still no idea of what this Sparlock issue is about, sorry...): The DVD published and released by the WTS is so "unchristian" that people thought it is produced by the apostastes to tarnish the name of the JW?

If that is so, then I would say "Sparlock rocks!!"

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

When I first saw it, I thought someone was reporting back bad information. Then I was waiting for the punchline. Then I realized it was real. Then I was hit with uncontrollable laughter.

Someone did mention that the DC talk that introduces the DVD advised the JWs not to question the new teaching methods of the GB. These are the same people that have criticized other religions use of cartoons to teach biblical principals because as they put it you don't need gimmicks when you are teaching the truth.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have seen alot of wierd propaganda and articles by them but this video was a complete shock! Reasonable cartoon graphics compared to the crap Noah Video, but the whole Sparlock is from Satan is sooo 1950's.....what are they doing?

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

The degree to which the R&F are aware of this video, how it was leaked to youtube ahead of its official release, yadda, is probably less than we might think. I would imagine that most dubs use the internet to maybe cruise CNN or Yahoo or get email, oh and watch pron of course...I'd be willing to put money on the overall awareness of American dubs regarding this situation to be less than one percent. You're talking about a group of people that HAS to keep their heads in the sand to maintain any kind of sanity (or maintain their insanity is more like it). I could be wrong tho!

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

So, just watched it with my wife. She liked the first part, but did not like the Sparlock part. She said There's a difference between spiritsim and make-believe. I said, That's not what the message was. . .

I told her a large part of the problem was black-and-white thinking. For example, I ejected the DVD from the machine, put it in the case and said, Does this DVD have a magic wizard in it? - yes! It does! Who likes magic? Jehovah or Satan? Let's toss this piece of crap in the garbage!

She laughed but said they shouldn't have included that part, it seemed really extreme and out of touch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit