Any reaction from active JW's about the Sparlock training video?

by UnConfused 46 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

AK MCGRATH >> I'm sure the DVD won't be pulled.

You are so right about that one - it gives the WTBTS so much publicity that the DVD is selling like hot cakes.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

When I first saw that video, I thought it was an apostate parody....that is how bad that video is.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

But I do think they will try to cover their asses once again by spewing some crap about how apostates are twisting things around, just like their father the Devil, to make the vid and the oh so beloved, God appointed GB look bad.

I found this reference from the March 15, 2013 WT, page 11:

14 As an outward sign of their diseased mental state, apostates look for every opportunity to mock Jehovah and his organization's teaching efforts. How does the “faithful and discreet slave” and its Governing Body react to such ridicule? Note the example set long ago by Jehovah’s faithful prophet Elisha. (Read 2 Kings 2:23-25) As “small boys,” apostates demonstrate their total lack of respect for those that Jehovah’s holy spirit has appointed to watch over his sheep. Like the prophet Elisha, the Governing Body do not respond to apostates’ taunts and ridicule and instead patiently rely on “the name of Jehovah,” knowing that at his appointed time He will go “tearing to pieces [all] their number.” (Romans 12:19)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

LOL @ respectful_observer. Brilliant!!

• d
    d

No I have not heard any but this video since it has been on youtube will shock a lot of Jw's

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If I didn't know it was from the WT, I would have thought it a tool to mock the WT with. We've seen more subtle mockery than that even, I bet. It's so bad. The thing is-it will die a natural death as the only redeeming thing in it is the first bit with the plane falling from the sky and the little boy finding it. That was good. Of course, there was no dialogue or details, but it was cute. (although a little scary)

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I talked to a friend yesterday at the meeting, who I had hoped was a closet doubter. He glowingly said that there is a new release for young kids that is wonderful, but he didn't want to "spoil" it for me. ** puke **

• out4good3
    out4good3

That video ws very disturbing for me to watch because I saw so much of my wife in it in they way she used to dealing with our now grown son and in her dealing with other relatives. Anything no matter how minute was weighed against whether or not it served kingdumb interests or made their sock-puppet god happy or not. Anything that came up that was questionable or demonstrated disfavor upon the soceity...something was wrong with your motives, or,....you can pack your bags....we're going on a guilt trip!!!!!

The best way I've found with dealing with JWs when they take that tact is to call into question th eir motives and that of the soceity. Point out the inconsistency in their arguments, the non-sequiter of their facts, and ask them questions where they are forced to backtrack or deny that the organization has said or done something it can be proven it did.

• flipper
    flipper

I think the WT society will just keep releasing these Sparlock videos at assemblies because it's not in the WT society's nature to admit fault to ANYONE - especially they won't admit errors to the rank & file JW's because then the GB and WT legal would lose their control and hold over active JW's. WT leaders will not allow themselves to appear weak, fallible, or faulty . Remember- OUTWARD APPEARANCE is everything to these WT leaders and they aren't about to back down and admit they are wrong in anything. Then it would expose them for the scam artists that they are NOT representing God at all - just their own $$$$$ interests

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Anybody who would be stumbled by the Sparlock video is spiritually weak anyway, if not an outright apostate. If releasing the video gets those bad associations to leave, they served the faithful and discreet slave's purposes. Was that the plan all along?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit