Any reaction from active JW's about the Sparlock training video?

by UnConfused 46 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Are JW's all abuzz about the "blessing" the GB has given them in the form of this new training video?

• cedars
    cedars

I've been sent one or two comments from JWs posting elsewhere online. Some loyalist dubs who haven't received the DVD yet have been branding the whole thing an apostate conspiracy! They're in for a surprise when their convention rolls along...

Cedars

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Some loyalist dubs who haven't received the DVD yet have been branding the whole thing an apostate conspiracy!

And that is the sweetest part of all. They have formed an opinion---and it is a genuine opinion of the video----before they were told what they should think about it. It is much harder to override an opinion based on a person's true self---the GB were hoping to feed it to them and say, 'yummy, this is good!". But alas, we have managed to shake that up a bit! SPARLOCK LIVES! He's quite handy.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah that celestial chariot is really moving and guiding the dubs ;-)

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

That is interesting that some active JW's are branding the video apostate. Is that because it's on YouTube and they don't actually realize it's WT sanctioned? But since it does follow the GB teaching why would they call it apostate anyway I wonder?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@ UnConfused, maybe because it was apostates that leaked it to the public... We all know how we were warned that anything coming from an apostate source was utter crap... So even though it uses the REAL video from the WTBTS, they will assume it's apostate simply because it was leaked by apostates. As cedars and NC pointed out, they are in for a HUGE surprise (if the Society doesn't backpedal and try to do damage control by not releasing it...but you can't deny Anthony Morris III's little speech, so I don't know how they would cover that!).

• JeffT
    JeffT

I've been wondering for a couple of days. Given the reaction to it, might they pull it from the convention program going forward? It seems to me that they have a big problem either way. Given the comments above, if they go ahead and release it, they set a lot of people to thinking. And if they dont' everybody will wonder what happened because there will be all sorts of talk about how the early conventions got it, and not the later ones.

I expect somebody to lose his job over this, possibly even branded as an apostate in the process.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@Jeff, I think it would be damned expensive for them to pull it now. Especially considering that there are TONS of conventions every week! They would have to send out a new talk outline, or alert everyone giving the talk to omit the "new release". They would also have to either stop shipment or alert those receiving the DVD's to not hand them out, which looks suspicious in itself.

Either way, they're totally screwed. No matter how they handle this, I'm betting some are bound to smell something rotten.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am not surprised that they consider it an apostate conspiracy. It took me several watches to understand that it came from the watchtower. I think I was only fully convinced once I started reading the posts on JWN. The videos looked and felt like a parody.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think what will bother most dubs once they realize it's really from the WT, is that they didn't know about it directly. It certainly gives the impression that somehow, the WT is stumbling, in it's organization of press releases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit