The significance of Sparlock

by botchtowersociety 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I haven't had time to read all the threads. But I'm wondering if the CD's will continue to be released at the rest of the district assemblies this summer? Do you think the WT realizes that they goofed by bring out this CD?

• GeneM
    GeneM

One could only dream. The rumor mill would have that thing shared all over the world. Total streisand effect.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

BTS - yup, that's it in a nutshell, and

LEESAOBEESA - exactly! Conditioning members to obey, obey, obey --- no questioning, Is this right? Is this loving? Is this smart? --- Just obey, dammit!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    But I'm wondering if the CD's will continue to be released at the rest of the district assemblies this summer?

Of course they will continue. It isn't a goof, it is what they want.

They want parents using fear of Jehovah to guilt their kids into line. They were doing this to my parents 60 years ago.

They also want ways for the faithful to quickly identify their enemies; undercovers, opposers and apostates. Anyone who makes disparaging remarks about this vid immediately marks themselves as Satan's friend.

http://i50.tinypic.com/6sth6o.jpg

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you notice they still use circular reasoning?

No real reason why a "magic-less" toy can use "evil magic"?

It's just as Botch said.

"break down their spirit, and the WT shall have your soul for life"!

It's no wonder alot of the children (in KH) have to live double lives!

how many friends (true friends) can these kids have in KH, when they see each other only 5 hours a week, and it's just in a KH where no one can talk to each other? (true they talk, but have keep convos limited to spiritual things?)

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

I'm just speaking pactically here, if someone had a 3d printer could make a CE registered Sparlock character they would be able to make them as this years most marketable toy for Christmas, would'nt that be a turn up for the books!

Just an idea, he seems to be an affable toy!

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• Glander
    Glander

I believe that the simple point of the entire Sparlock subject, which is an important one, is that the WT has jumped into the fray of modern culture at a time when the WT itself is losing credibilty.

No flag salute or military service in the late '30's and into the '40's was a bold move that caused terrific hardship on the faithful JW's. It also cemented the resolve of those who suffered.

But to take on the popular, commercialized world of toys, games and entertainment in this day and age is just stupid. Which I find very encourageing as an XJW

• caliber
    caliber
    It's just as Botch said. ~~~Dacheech
    "break down their spirit, and the WT shall have your soul for life

" Self-esteem is the real magic wand th at can form a child’s future. A child’s self-esteem affects every area of her existence, from friends she chooses, to how well she does academically in school, to what kind of job she gets, to even the person she chooses to marry."

STEPHANIE MARTSON

Childhood is the world of miracle or of magic: it is as if creation rose luminously out of the night, all new and fresh and astonishing. Childhood is over the moment things are no longer astonishing. When the world gives you a feeling of "déjà vu," when you are used to existence, you become an adult."

EUGENE IONESCO

what a shame when your world of magic is thrown away at 3 years old !!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

BTS, That's so true and so sad. In order to make Jehovah (and Watchtower) happy, you're going to have to be sad, manipulated, and isolated.

Instead, Caleb pretends to be happy while riding bikes with his mom, but only in their driveway, and only in a circle... which will prepare him for all the circular reasoning that will be in his JW future.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

One wonders what the next round of videos will contain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit