OK, I am too old and missing it - but what is this SPARLOCK phenomenon?

by james_woods 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Do they not realize that he will become a cult hero figure for all eternity and a major source of ridicule toward them?

Yep---we are all over that already! LOL I've made 2 youtube vids---but not nearly as funny as Sparlocks Exile.

NC

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

wha happened, he's really a transformer, so no worries.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

A simple, easy, lazy way to scare your children so much that they will suffer from post traumatic stress disorder for many years, maybe even decades to come. Way to go, ______'s.

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

I wonder if Watchtower is treading on thin ice by its choice of the term "Sparlock".

Check for yourself by going to sparlock.com and there you will see a commercial product being advertised, using that exact name. I don't think those folks will think very kindly about Watchtower using their trademarked term. The following quote from sparlock.com.

"I only started to take this seriously back in the early 1980’s when I finally decided to gather all of my resources together and develop a full scale world class mortarless concrete block building system. I have named it SPARLOCK™ ."

Len

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I can't wait. The GB obviously did not do any market research on what kids play with these days. Honestly if a kid showed up at school with a Sparlock doll, he'd better be 8 or younger or he's going to be marked as a dork from the get go

But that is the beauty of it - Sparlock will become a cult hero to the older (dissatisfied) JW youth because he is the anti-hero. It is like the old Adam West Batman series - so bad and corny that it becomes a hit. Left Bat-Turn, Robin!!! This train is rolling, and it will be a hard one to stop before the wreck. The beauty of it is, that only someone completely socially as retarded as a neanderthal could have done this and thought it might work for them.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I am betting they didn't choose a well known toy like a Smurf because of copyright. They also have to know how much ridicule and how many jokes they have become the brunt of over the Smurf urban legend.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Sparlock seems to be the Society's belated attempt to combat the Harry Potter films and Pokemon craze. I remember getting in trouble for Pokemon in the late 90's, and now there's this whole vampire movie/book/serial fad. 'Sparlock' is a poor attempt to roll all of these into one and use as a tool to teach the masses to steer clear of these addicting phenomenons and focus more on preaching. J.F. Rutherford hated the clergy and government, and his books are full of venom towards these subjects. If I am to believe what the video says literally, they now view 'magic' related forms of entertainment as a huge threat to their control over their remaining members. A Society in full decline is what I see if 'Sparlock' is what they fear. A tacit acknowledgement that perhaps their members want to have lives, hobbies, and interests of their own, disconnected from the dictates from up high.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

The flick subtly plagiarizes The Incredibles. The mother is modeled on Elastigirl, and Caleb is a brown haired Dash.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The beauty of it is, that only someone completely socially as retarded as a neanderthal could have done this and thought it might work for them.

This is great^^^^ JAMES WOODS. . .love it!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is an awesome error that Sparlock has been invented by the Watchtower, as any internet search on him just brings up Apostate information. I am sure a lot of JWs will do what I immediately did and google Sparlock to find out what Disney movie he is in, and stumble across all the things the GB so wants them to avoid.

Sparlock already has become a meme - http://www.quickmeme.com/Sparlock/popular/1/?upcoming and has his own facebook page. The Governing Body must be furious that they cannot do anything these days with being scrutinised and mocked on the internet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit