OK, I am too old and missing it - but what is this SPARLOCK phenomenon?

by james_woods 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

At first, I thought it was some legitimate cartoon character (Disney or such) that the society was putting down as "demonized".

Then, I started getting the idea that perhaps (unbelievably) the SOCIETY had made him up as a negative "teaching device" to warn Jw KIDS ABOUT "WORLDLY DEMONISM"...

CAN THIS possibly BE TRUE?

SURELY NOT EVEN THE wtbts COULD BE THAT STUPID!!!

CAN SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, PLEASE??? JUST IN A CLIFF'S NOTES FORM?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can't make this stuff up. JW's released a cartoon at the DC and it has two lessons for kids.

One contains Sparlock, the plastic action figure of a Warrior Wizard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jGJxSky1fo

• james_woods
    james_woods

My GAWD - do these people not even think about what they are doing?

Do they not realize that he will become a cult hero figure for all eternity and a major source of ridicule toward them?

Honestly, I thought they had picked out some existing character and tried to trash it.

This is UNBELIEVABLE.

• DT
    DT

It's incredible that they would actually invent a fictional charecter with obvious appeal that apostates can get behind as a symbol of their disdain for the Watchtower Society. It's kind of like all the fun that we have had with the smurfs, except it's much better because they stupidly invented it themselves.

I think it's a mistake that they will never be allowed to forget.

• rebel8
    rebel8

WTH? So creepy.

Great example of brainwashing and guilting children for doing innocent, happy things as is their nature.

And yet I am having a hard time believing this is really from wts. Could this be a hoax?

"Remember what we learned at family worship?" I have never ever heard that term from the lips of a true dub.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Also, I am taking bets on how long it will be before Sparlock registers on jwn and facebook.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Sparlock the Martyr.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just when you think you've seen it all.

I like the line toward the end "Jehovah loves you for obeying him' = Jehovah doesn't love you if you disobey him, which we all know means the GB.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

BWHWHAHAHAHAHA, SPARLOCK! We need to widely diffuse a picture of Sparlock all over the internet, and start making memes. Someone get on this!

• designs
    designs

Soooo far out of the JW loop, thanks for the crash course in Sparlockdom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit