Active Bethelites, former Bethelites, is it true that brothers are not allowed to have their head fully shaved?

by La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

Brothers with shaved heads aren't allowed to give talks at circuit or district Assemblies as per the WTBTS instructions for recommending speakers although they do allow a degree of discretion... Absolutely no beards allowed though.

"if there are questions about his dress or grooming has he responded to counsel? Discernment should be exercised when determining this matter. For instance, perhaps a close shaven hair-cut is related to a health matter or the brother may be balding or this has been his hairstyle for many years and is not a cause of concern. "

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Just like the Pharisees......'rules upon rules'

Straining out the gnat & gulping down the camel.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was told by a CO my hair was to short when I first crew cut it to grade 3. I was obviously balding.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I think that it is a deep seated memory of Yul Brenner playing the Pharoh in the Ten Commandments.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Shaved heads make householders think you are involved in student revolt.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

If they spent more time worrying about the crap they are telling people instead of someones hair they would be more believable. Or maybe not. It's all about control. They are the biggest control freaks in the world. In my younger years we had a older elder go around to all the young men at the hall and yank the back of their hair if he thought it was to long. Such nonsense to worry about on how long or how short someones hair is. I am sure Jesus when on earth went around with a measuring stick and made sure all his disciples had just the right hair lenght. Totally ADD

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I'm not sure,but I recently heard my nephew who is a MS,discussing how brothers with shaved head are not to be used for convention parts. Did I dream this,not sure? But,I know elders who shave their head.

Can't really please them can you? I remember when they had a problem with hair being too long,long side burns,no side burns,new wave cuts,etc,etc.

Are all the speakers at conventions still required to only wear white dress shirts with their suit?

I also heard at Bethel no coloring the hair unless to cover gray.

Oh,I see "dozy" already answered my question.

When will they learn to "make sure of the more important things."

• Reality79
    Reality79

They're so petty in that organisation it's ridiculous.I remember not even being allowed to have that early 90's fade hairstyle because of their bullshit manmade rules.

And I'm not surprised @ j_w that the two elder's wives put them up to it. Elder's wives have to be some of the worse people in that hellhole.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

A couple months before I stepped down i shaved my head in the morning and gave the public talk that afternoon. It was right around the time Vin Diesel was cool and I always kept it less than a 1/4" long anyway. I got lots of compliments (I had a good tan and was fairly jacked), but the P.O. just shook his head and laughed. It was before every fat balding white guy did it. When I moved to a new hall in full fade mode the new body of elders definitely were not impressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit