Active Bethelites, former Bethelites, is it true that brothers are not allowed to have their head fully shaved?

by La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!! 38 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow what a rule..... Shows just how fleshly and man made this thing is

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So looking cool like Issac Hayes and Yul Brenner is out? Ain't that a shame.

• Isidore
    Isidore

Douay Rheims, Acts 18:18

[18] But Paul, when he had stayed yet many days, taking his leave of the brethren, sailed thence into Syria (and with him Priscilla and Aquila), having shorn his head in Cenchrae: for he had a vow

Dollars to doughnuts that the reason they frown upon it is because it would seem to emulate the Catholic religious orders that have done it for many centuries.

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    So looking cool like Issac Hayes and Yul Brenner is out? Ain't that a shame.

Or Michael Jordan and Vin Diesel, not to mention the former poster Miz as I heard he's a pretty good lookin shaved fellow.......

Dollars to doughnuts that the reason they frown upon it is because it would seem to emulate the Catholic religious orders that have done it for many centuries.

That would make some sense, in harmony with calling places of worship Kingdom Halls as opposed to Churches, Assemblies and Conventions as opposed to Revivals, or even the old nonsense about the Bulletin Board which I can't recall at this time. REgardless it's a really stupid asinine and backwards way of differentiating one religion from another. I can't help but think of a certain sister in our congregation who's made the comment on a few occasions that we should pray on the GB's behalf as they have important decisions to make. If that joke of an animated DVD and policy on facial hair is any indication, they're not worth praying over.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Bulletin Board is now Information Board. Definite double standards, congregations have elders who have their heads shaved, yet not Bethelites. I remember a CO who told an elder to cut his mustache. The elder told him a definite "NO!". He stayed an elder.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Funnyand so stupid!!! I shaved my ex-husbands head once. We were going to move and went on vacation before we got to the new hall. When he became elder he read our "letter" and in it they said "we took care of LM's shaving of the head". They did talk to him in the back room We had a few black brothers that were shaven and at Bethel...

Oh and that was something I thought about my buzzed head. I know if I was still a JW they would have "spoken" to me, eventhough I'm doing a good thing and only one bad comment so far. 1,000 good ones but then again haven't asked a JW

• blondie
    blondie

In this area, men with shaven heads were considered gangbangers or motorcycle gangs.

Black men were allowed for some reason in some congregations. I remember back in the 60's and 70's black and hispanic men were allowed to have mustaches because it was "cultural."

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have a buzzed head story. I have told it on here before, but Found Sheep probably has not heard it.

We had a non-baptized lady who the elders decided to give a little talking to about having immodest hair styles.

She first came to the hall as a platinum blond, then later it switched to jet black. The elders did not like that.

She went into a fit about this little bit of advice and pulled off the wig to prove to them that she was quite bald from chemotherapy.

I remember my friend Marion Dunlap giving the two snot-headed elders who did this some real hell about it.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

j_w that makes me sick

• La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!
    La Falta Habitacion Por Sr Hor-Hey!!

James, did she hang around the religion much longer after that incident? It's hilarious but sad at the same time. I'm pretty bad when it comes to wigs and toupees myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit